Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

The Single Mom Life

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 1:36 AM
  • 16 Replies

I am like a friggin rollercoaster with this single mom stuff. Idk what ends up or what ends down anymore, the other day I had a random black out moment from all the stress that has come over me, there will be days that I feel like I am on top of the world and days that I don't want to talk to anyone, I wont even answer the phone. I been in and out of bad relationships one after the other trying to find the right one. So I finally decided it's time for me to settle down with my 2 baby girls and my cat. I am 26 yrs old, I still have my youth and time don't slow down, people always say one day you will find the love of your life.. one day I will be 50-60 yrs old and will be lucky to find a man at that age! Why would you want to sit around and wait to grow old and lonely?? Can anyone here relate at all? I could really use a friend. 

by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 1:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmygifts
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 1:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Hey...it's going to be ok! Nobody wants to go through life alone. You really aren't alone because you have your girls. I know as a woman you want a man around who would give you the world if he could. I tried to make dead end relationships work because I was tired of being single but it made things worse. I was unhappy and my children could see it. Just hang in there and be patient. When the right man comes along it will be worth the wait!
arismommy611
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:05 AM
I can definitely relate! I am currently in the process of divorce, though my husband and I still currently live together. Most days I am sooo excited to be on my own, and to finally be happy and independent again. Then there are moments where I feel like, what the hell have I done??? I have no interest in dating, especially while my kids are young. So I have this sad vision of me being alone forever, maybe even with some cats lol. The hardest part is that I always wanted more children. With my youngest child, I would have never imagined it would most likely be my last pregnancy. The future is definitely scary...but I know for sure, it's better than what I'm leaving behind. Hang in there!
RalphsMommy123
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:08 AM
I know what you mean. Im a single mom of one and some days I'm at a high and sometimes I'm at a low. I love coming home to my son but id also love coming home to a nice back or foot massage. On top of that I haven't had sex in months lol. Im so lonely lol.
Country_Momma89
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:08 AM

I feel like I could have written this...

You most definitely are not alone.

mz23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:10 AM
I def relate. Im 22 but sometimes feel really old. I have goals I hope to achieve but I feel like theyll never happen. Sometimes this makes me depressed and upset other times im like screw it ill do something else, or i feel like I want to be married but feel like it wont happen (I don't go out to even meet someone regardless) thatll make me upset to not have a happy little family other times im content with my family. I don't even have friends I go out with anymore, I only have a few cable channels so I dont really watch tv. Im becoming a recluse... 8o
meanlilchick
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:14 AM
Not alone. I'm 40 and married two times. I gave up dating after one bf n I broke up. My son got very close to him n asked him if he could be his dad and he freaked out. Needless to say he married 6 months later and had a stepdaughter who is a year younger then my son) and is expecting a child any day. I left the dating scene and 8 months later my bf now asked me to dinner after about 10 months of not texting (before the last bf). We have been together for almost 7 months. We take it day by day and I still have my mom son time (a lot more now that winter is here). But yeah I've dated a lot before trying to find happiness in others. Had to find it within.
TurtleDoveLove
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:53 AM
2 moms liked this
I understand how your feeling and I can relate . But what I am doing is making a plan for me and my daughter. My ex abandon us and I have accepted this and I have completely blocked him out. Because of law and his career he has to pay child support so we are blessed to have that . But I have big plans. I take it a step at a time . I have a blueprint I wrote and a most of goals I want to accomplish for us . Number one buying a home, things like this to make sure we are finically stable . Once I have things on order I can then move on and do things for me , maybe a make over and hopefully date . But the goal is to have a plan so that your not all over the place . Have a routine and stick with your plan . Motivate yourself by your current feelings. If you don't want to be that old bitter woman make sure you create your own happiness . I am still very hurt and angry at what my ex has done but I know I will one day be happier and more successful than him because I don't have to hurt anyone or abandon innocent child in order to get my selfish desires like him.
FaithHopeFree
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:08 AM

It actually feels good to read all of these comments, at first it seems like your the only person in the world struggling with this because everyone around you is either young with no kids and dating, married with a happy family, or married planning kids. I think to myself, if only I was much more wise to see the faults in my kids father when I was younger, it seems like I am being punished for not seeing that side of him before. It took me 7 years to leave him and I felt like I was never going to get over him, I lost 40 lbs from being to sick to eat, I had to remove him from any social networks, any pictures I put up and hid ( to save for my girls for later ). But no matter what I did, there was always something to remind me of him. I dated a few times, but ended up going bad. For the one who was talking about getting a daily routine, thanks for that advice :) I have actually been working on that in the past few weeks, my daughter is a cheerleader and I will be signing up for assistant cheerleading coach. I want a career, but that is easier said than done, my kids dad that is now having the time of his life with no worries, his mom lives with him and his new fiance paying all their bills and he rarely ever visits with them or attends any of their events. I have begged him to help me with them so that I could get on my feet and he just wont do it. Anyways thanks for the stories guys <3 Love to hear more

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:06 PM

I'm right there with you. I'm 26 and have been single for almost five years, not even one date. I feel like I'm never going to meet anyone.

chm81
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:30 PM

YOU ARE SO NOT ALONE.... I lost my husband in a plane crash, when i was 26... after that I didnt date for almost two years, I finally started dating and all i dates was waist... i met someone this summer that i thought i was going to marry... i got pregant very sudden and un expected and I am 15 weeks preganant and TOTALLY single going thoriugh all this by myself, its been so hard, i wish i had someone loving me I feel that i am the only one out there or that I am a bad person that cant end up with someone!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)