Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How do you date?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:23 AM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this
Moms without a S/O I have a question, how do you date?

Do you have to work around a busy schedule?

Do you date when the children are away for a night?

And what does a date consist of?
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:01 AM
4 moms liked this

In the past:
Dinner, movies etc without kids. Bf had met the kids but didn't really interact with them. I have them full time so I had a sitter or they were old enough to stay home w/out me.

Currently:
I met bf through child's sports team so he knows my kids, we were at an away tournament so we had all kids with us at dinner and breakfasts. Went to dinner/lunch/breakfast after games with kids. This past weekend we had our first "date" with no kids. That was a change! We are taking everyone swimming this weekend, he & kids are coming over next weekend for superbowl party.

Normally I would not recommend introducing bf to kids so soon, nor would I. But ours is a unque case that works for us.

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:42 AM
2 moms liked this

I dated when my girls were with their dad every other weekend.  A date would be dinner, drinks, maybe a bar, movie, movie at home, etc. I have a boyfriend now and he just comes over whenever now, he met my girls and they like him so its easier now that we can all hang out together 

StephGabe
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I am wondering the same thing as I am due in March and do not even want to think about dating but when is a good time to get a social life together?

ladybugmom2010
by Joy on Jan. 23, 2014 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I just don't. Most of the guys I meet have some sort of game to play so I just keep to myself.
sunshine776
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 3:10 PM
I dont :( not right now. no offers lol
DreamLoveBlooms
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I would get to know them while my mom babysat the kids. After getting to know them I would invite them over for dinner to see how they interacted with the kids.

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this
this.

Quoting ladybugmom2010: I just don't. Most of the guys I meet have some sort of game to play so I just keep to myself.
Monsita
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:54 PM
When I did it, my kids were at Dad's.

After 6 months of us, meeting for lunch twice a week during our working schedule, and going to movies and coffee shops on the weekends, he met my kids.

Monsita
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:56 PM
Love will find you!

Offers will come.....soon!

Quoting sunshine776: I dont :( not right now. no offers lol
Mom-does-hair
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:20 PM
Every other weekends for a while, until he met the kids. The first guy I dated for 10 months never met them, but this one met them after 3, it just felt right, but he 'a not around all the time. We still have couple time and he never stays when the kids are here.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)