Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I have to share my son

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:33 PM
  • 18 Replies
When I became pregnant my sons father wanted nothing to do with us. He kept saying hes not ready, its not his, blah blah blah. Anyway a few months ago my sister text me to tell me that Dontae, my son's father is trying to get in contact with me. I haven't spoken to him since August. Thats when I told him I was leaving Connecticut and moving here to South Carolina. He didn't believe me but its not like he cared. Well after my sister told me he was trying to contact me I wrote him a message on Facebook. He was so excited to hear from me and was upset that I moved. He never did anything for his son so I didn't see why it bothered him. After sending messages about how sorry he was and how he was going through a lot he asked how his son was doing. Hes never said that ever. Hes never called Xavier his son. I took me a while to reply back. The realization hit me. Xavier isn't just my son. Hes Dontae's son regardless of the b.s. hes done. After that conversation he messages me and asks me how xavier is doing and that he misses him and can't wait to see him. It makes me happy that hes trying to be a father now. Xavier really needs that. I told him that he can post a picture of Xavier on his Facebook if he wants and he was so happy. He said he was waiting for me to say that. I was so use to being a single mother and having Xavier all to myself. I dont mind sharing my son with his father but I'm just nervous that he might change up again.

(Sorry, mobile and auto correct sucks!)
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RalphsMommy123
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:44 PM
Bump
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Hopefully he has finally grown up and wants to be there for his son

RalphsMommy123
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:09 PM
Bump
Monsita
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 11:25 PM
If it makes you happy to give him a second chance, and be there for your son, then it is what counts now!

We all are do mistakes.....
Maybe he is ready to be in your kids life!

Best of luck!

Quoting RalphsMommy123: When I became pregnant my sons father wanted nothing to do with us. He kept saying hes not ready, its not his, blah blah blah. Anyway a few months ago my sister text me to tell me that Dontae, my son's father is trying to get in contact with me. I haven't spoken to him since August. Thats when I told him I was leaving Connecticut and moving here to South Carolina. He didn't believe me but its not like he cared. Well after my sister told me he was trying to contact me I wrote him a message on Facebook. He was so excited to hear from me and was upset that I moved. He never did anything for his son so I didn't see why it bothered him. After sending messages about how sorry he was and how he was going through a lot he asked how his son was doing. Hes never said that ever. Hes never called Xavier his son. I took me a while to reply back. The realization hit me. Xavier isn't just my son. Hes Dontae's son regardless of the b.s. hes done. After that conversation he messages me and asks me how xavier is doing and that he misses him and can't wait to see him. It makes me happy that hes trying to be a father now. Xavier really needs that. I told him that he can post a picture of Xavier on his Facebook if he wants and he was so happy. He said he was waiting for me to say that. I was so use to being a single mother and having Xavier all to myself. I dont mind sharing my son with his father but I'm just nervous that he might change up again.

(Sorry, mobile and auto correct sucks!)
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 24, 2014 at 12:09 AM
Hopefully this is sincere and he truly wants to be in his life fingers crossed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Secretly101
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I really hope that I can get to a place where I can be excited for my child that her father wants to be involved. It takes being in a good place and looking at the bigger picture to hold no ill will and move forward.
RalphsMommy123
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:57 AM
I hope so too. He found out his first son isn't his so I think this is why hes changing.

Quoting LifeCafe42: Hopefully this is sincere and he truly wants to be in his life fingers crossed
brittybby2010
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:43 AM

I hope he's sincere about it. DDs father is never sincere when he asks about her, and goes months without asking. Just keep on your toes and be prepared for him to back off. And I'm not saying he's going to do this, but my ex tried talking to me all sweet and stuff for a few weeks, then told me to take him off of child support. That was the only reason he talked to me. Don't take him off child support if he's on it. 

RalphsMommy123
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:45 AM
Hes on child support but I haven't recieved anything. I dont even know if he has job or not. I really hope he doesn't hop in and out of my son's life.

Quoting brittybby2010:

I hope he's sincere about it. DDs father is never sincere when he asks about her, and goes months without asking. Just keep on your toes and be prepared for him to back off. And I'm not saying he's going to do this, but my ex tried talking to me all sweet and stuff for a few weeks, then told me to take him off of child support. That was the only reason he talked to me. Don't take him off child support if he's on it. 

brittybby2010
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:48 AM

If it's how it is in my state, they'll take from his check to pay it. He still owes you no matter what, and it will just add up. 

Quoting RalphsMommy123: Hes on child support but I haven't recieved anything. I dont even know if he has job or not. I really hope he doesn't hop in and out of my son's life.

Quoting brittybby2010:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN