Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

just because I'm a single mom

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 1:05 AM
  • 31 Replies
I have been single for 10 months... I'm not interested in dating.. but the other day a friend of mine send me a message asking me how I was doing and we keep texting for a while .... then he invited me to go out and it was weird so I didn't reply back and 5 minutes later he send me a text saying we can skip dinner and go straight to the hotel.....I got nad I called him and ask him what was he thinking and he replied welll you are a single mother you don't have anything to loose. ... I was stunned! !!
Now my question is just because I'm a single mother it means that I will just go and get laid just like that
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaMa.Lu
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 3:24 AM
6 moms liked this

What a Jack ass! I hate that stereotype! 

My standards have significantly increased while being a single mom. My Dd's 3 and have yet to have a bf since I was pregnant. Don't want any mediocre man around her. I hear all these stories about bfs harming their gfs kids and it freaks me out. I don't do booty calls either. My focus is on my dd and my career. 

Toonkasmommy
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 3:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Hell no.
TurtleDoveLove
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 4:59 AM
2 moms liked this
Exactly !! That's my main focus is my dd and my career and building our foundation. The right man will come when it's time! Being a singe mother doesn't make us less of a catch . Some men, real men see that as a plus and strength.

Quoting MaMa.Lu:

What a Jack ass! I hate that stereotype! 

My standards have significantly increased while being a single mom. My Dd's 3 and have yet to have a bf since I was pregnant. Don't want any mediocre man around her. I hear all these stories about bfs harming their gfs kids and it freaks me out. I don't do booty calls either. My focus is on my dd and my career. 

MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this

That's just rude.  I would have been steamed at him.

awesomemommy2
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this
You have some real classy friends.
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:56 AM
3 moms liked this

And you call this guy your friend? I would seriously reconsider that.

jackestler
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:17 AM
I don't talk to him anymore honestly it was a shock for me. I wasn't expecting that

Quoting krisnkids:

MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:18 AM

Not something you would expect from a friend.  I would have blocked him for sure.

Quoting jackestler: I don't talk to him anymore honestly it was a shock for me. I wasn't expecting that

Quoting krisnkids:

jackestler
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:20 AM
I did... It was a really bad experience

Quoting MandaMom23:

Not something you would expect from a friend.  I would have blocked him for sure.

Quoting jackestler: I don't talk to him anymore honestly it was a shock for me. I wasn't expecting that

Quoting krisnkids:

MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:21 AM

sorry that it happened to you.

Quoting jackestler: I did... It was a really bad experience

Quoting MandaMom23:

Quoting krisnkids:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN