Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! They won't stop!

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 11:26 AM
  • 12 Replies

Ugh, I love my kids, I love to tease them, but now they are teasing back!

My soccer husband and I finally went on a date and hit it off, have been talking ever since. He's coming over for our Superbowl party on Sunday. Good right? Of course, but the kids are saying, "oooh mom's boyfriend is coming over".

Is this one of those behaviors that I should ignore and it will go away? I know that you aren't supposed to introduce kids to boyfriends until 6 months or so, but our situation is different in that we met through our girls' soccer team and have spent a lot of time together because of the teams.

by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Callaly
by Jessica on Jan. 28, 2014 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I would just ignore it and hope that they stop, if they get a reaction from you then they will find it entertaining and they will continue!

Glad that everything is going well with you both :)

DreamLoveBlooms
by Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 11:51 AM
3 moms liked this

It's all in fun just laugh with them, I might even say something like "Just wait until you're older and bring a bf home I'm going to tease you too" LOL

mz23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Lol what can you do, spank them? They're just playing around. When they bring a member of the opposite sex over, you can tease them.
Frances0923
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 1:38 PM

I love to read about you and your soccer husband! Can't wait to finally read the post where you two are getting married Lol

krisnkids
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Yeah, my daughter has already decided what she will be wearing in the wedding.

Quoting Frances0923:

I love to read about you and your soccer husband! Can't wait to finally read the post where you two are getting married Lol

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 28, 2014 at 11:49 PM
Lol sounds good to me

Quoting DreamLoveBlooms:

It's all in fun just laugh with them, I might even say something like "Just wait until you're older and bring a bf home I'm going to tease you too" LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heath77
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:01 AM

I think it is sweet of them and that it's great they obviously  like him. I could be worse....

superdivamom727
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:23 AM
Lol super cute !!! Lol
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 12:35 PM
Tell them to wait until they bring home a boyfriend
deltathree
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 12:57 PM

It's in fun - but when they're teens, paybacks are awesome LOL!  It's so easy, too.  All you have to do is  be seen together in public and they get embarrassed. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)