Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

sad to think about my baby growing up:(

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 11:45 PM
  • 6 Replies
I had a really hard start with my dd colick, gerd, projectile vomiting everywhere.. didn't sleep for
months! but now things have calmed down ALOT with baby she just loves her mama I'm her everything and it makes me feel great! but I can't help myself to not think about the future, obviously I have no man to give me attention as she grows more independent.. I have no idea how having a toddler or young child will be.. I just love that having me hold her, kiss her and
love her is all she wants at this point. I feel like my thinking is pretty self centered but I'm scared about her not being my little baby girl, before I even know it she'll start growing into her own little women :(
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
nora_beth777
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Mobile Photo

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Awww so cute! Cherish these days. They don't want to cuddle forever. My 16 yr old ds is now very protective of me.

Quoting nora_beth777:

Mobile Photo

Mommy1438
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 7:25 PM
Ik how you feel. I use to long for the day she could entertain herself or talk or do something besides sit there... now I severely regret not takin it all in and enjoying her little and cute... 9mos and almost crawling she'll never wanna snuggle:( i hate to see her grow too fast but also makes me thankful she's 100 percent healthy and happy:)

Quoting nora_beth777: I had a really hard start with my dd colick, gerd, projectile vomiting everywhere.. didn't sleep for

months! but now things have calmed down ALOT with baby she just loves her mama I'm her everything and it makes me feel great! but I can't help myself to not think about the future, obviously I have no man to give me attention as she grows more independent.. I have no idea how having a toddler or young child will be.. I just love that having me hold her, kiss her and

love her is all she wants at this point. I feel like my thinking is pretty self centered but I'm scared about her not being my little baby girl, before I even know it she'll start growing into her own little women :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 11:23 PM
They grow up way too fast. Sometimes I'll sit looking at ds's baby pictures wondering how my baby got so big already.
Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 4:01 AM

Aw, I felt the same way.  My son is now 21 months, and it feels like he was just born a few weeks ago.  Time flies. 

You seem like you are cherishing every moment, which is great.

I spent my son's whole first year home with him basically 24/7.  He was (and is) definitely my world, too!

The best thing you can do, though, to accept him growing, is to focus on yourself a bit more, so that you have something of your own to fall back on as your child gets older and closer to school aged.  She will always need you, but less of course.

I went back to school three evenings a week just a few months ago to finish my grad degree, and while I do miss the small amount of time away from him, I find myself more accepting of him growing up.  I feel like we are both growing and moving forward with life. 

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:49 AM
DS had a rough start too but I love now he's almost 4 and I still get all te cuddles I want enjoy it!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN