Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single Mom , College Mom & Juggling School

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:39 AM
  • 21 Replies

Hi my name is LaQuanta and I'm a single mother to a beauitful baby boy name Machi I'm also a college student and a stay at home mom.

I currently lost everything ,but now I work from home. It's a process, but when you don't have any help at all inlcuding the father of your child it can be very hard and frustrating sometimes and no one seem to understand my pain.

I'm only 23 years of age and I been on my own with my son since he was born. I have no friends I'm just looking for moms that may understand what it feels like . Dealing with a toddler let alone juggling school is not easy, but I get the work done. It's just so over whelming sometimes and I can really use a break.

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:04 AM
2 moms liked this

Aw.  :(  Welcome to the group!

I'm in a similar situation, but was already done with college and halfway through law school when I had my son.  I just went back this last semester to law school, and my son is now almost 2 years old, so I'm juggling a full plate as well!  No father involved here either.

How old is your little guy?  What are you majoring in in school?  Good for you for plugging along!

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:49 AM
2 moms liked this

*hugs* and welcome!

Ecoseem
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Single college mom here too.  It sucks, but you can do it.

TiggyWinters
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:49 PM
2 moms liked this

I am a single mom and just finished colllege.  It was sooo challenging but we did it.  I just want to send some encouragement your way becasue life is tough when you don't have friends or help from your child's father.  I understand the needing a break part too but what has helped me in those situations is my son and having my end goal in mind.  Keep fighting girlie, and before you know it you will be done with school and moving even more foward. :)

DreamLoveBlooms
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have my ex's help but I do have my mom and my boyfriend. I'm going to school too. Stay at home mom but I have found a job I can do with the kids, finally. I homeschool too. I know it's hard, idk what I would do if my mom didn't take them once a month for a whole weekend for me. I love the moments I get with my kids. I get to be apart of that. I feel bad that the kids are missing out on their dad being there but my boyfriend is there as a step dad, he's great with the kids and they love him. I hope someone in your life steps up soon and helps you out. Do you go to church? They have a mom time also my homeschool group has a mom time. They offer childcare during that time. But it's good to be able to talk to other moms like you who understand. It can be very uplifting.

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!! Going to school and having a toddler isn't easy. I usually did all my studyinng when he was in bed.

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs!
Welcome to the group!
Miss_Magnolia.
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I totally understand. I'm a single mom, 25 i go to school and work full time. It's a busy life but it'll be worth the work in the end!
LaQuantaPikes
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Ridingsolo: My lil king is 3 and I'm majoring in medical...Thanks  by the way =)

Aw.  :(  Welcome to the group!

I'm in a similar situation, but was already done with college and halfway through law school when I had my son.  I just went back this last semester to law school, and my son is now almost 2 years old, so I'm juggling a full plate as well!  No father involved here either.

How old is your little guy?  What are you majoring in in school?  Good for you for plugging along!

LaQuantaPikes
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Quoting DreamLoveBlooms: Yes I go to church they have daycare and they do their best to help out as much as they can for families who maybe in need of help. My mom end up moving out of state about a year ago so there's not must she can do for me besides take him until I finish school, but I'm not willing to let that happen because then I'm going to miss him to much so I'm just weighting it out .

I don't have my ex's help but I do have my mom and my boyfriend. I'm going to school too. Stay at home mom but I have found a job I can do with the kids, finally. I homeschool too. I know it's hard, idk what I would do if my mom didn't take them once a month for a whole weekend for me. I love the moments I get with my kids. I get to be apart of that. I feel bad that the kids are missing out on their dad being there but my boyfriend is there as a step dad, he's great with the kids and they love him. I hope someone in your life steps up soon and helps you out. Do you go to church? They have a mom time also my homeschool group has a mom time. They offer childcare during that time. But it's good to be able to talk to other moms like you who understand. It can be very uplifting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)