Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Stage of Life?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:08 AM
  • 3 Replies
4 moms liked this

I was recently thinking about what stage of life I am at and really found it enlightening when I realized I had "graduated" from one to another.

For the past 5 years (or so), I have been recovering/moving on from a bitter divorce. My life revolved around working and kids, I dated a little but never found one that I could imagine spending the rest of my life with. I lived through tv shows, I wished I had relationships like the ones on tv. Not as much the lets screw everyone we can find, but the close friendships and the 'you know i'll always be here for you'. I had that in the past but the divorce pretty much screwed that up because I had to uproot and move cross country.

Well then late last year I started realizing that I do have an awesome working relationship with my co-workers. My friends are incredible and would do anything (and have done many things) for eachother and I have a really good guy in my life. Now I find myself watching the tv shows for the content instead of for wishing I had.... It's been enlightening to realize that I am at a point in life where yes I do almost everything for my kids, but now I am also doing things for myself.

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:14 PM
2 moms liked this

I am happy for you.

thanks for sharing some inspiration.

superdivamom727
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes I agree !! Your story is truely a inspiration for me and im sure for many single moms out there !!! Wow Awesome!!! Thanks sooooo much for sharing !!! :-D
steviechick
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:20 AM
3 moms liked this

VERY inspiring to read!  I went through hell about two years ago.  Was walked out on by my ex.  It hit me like a ton of bricks - being with him for 26 years when I should have left him instead.  A very hard thing for me to accept was being walked out on after trying so hard to be a good wife.  I'm now in a part of my life where I'm finding myself again.  Finding out what I should have done years ago - divorcing my ex and moving on to a much happier life.  Getting burned was hard to accept, BUT gaining strength and wisdom has played a huge part of my life.  I'm a single mom who has an incredible daughter going to nursing school, good friends and a strong family support system.  I'm even dating someone now.  He's a good man, funny and we have a lot in common.  I hope my happiness continues as I really like this guy.  He's the first guy that truly deserves me.  Something I've not felt in many years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)