Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Things you did in name of "love"

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 3:27 PM
  • 28 Replies
1 mom liked this
in other words, stupid things you did for you ex that you'll never do again.

I'll start:

1. I gave up lots of friends and let him erase lots of my contacts so he wouldn't think I was cheating. NEVER AGAIN. EVER!

2. In the beginning of our relationship, I took him to all my favorite spots/places. I now trigger every time I visit one of them. I need these places to relax, unwind.

What about you ladies?
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
superdivamom727
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 6:03 PM
Ohhh yea looking back i did some stupid stuff or this fool !!!

1.) I continuously paid for his car note! (I could have been bought me a car but didnt because I was helping him out !! Stupid me)

2.) i belived every word he said!! All his lies.. for example... he lied that he won the lottery and he receives a couple hundred bucks a month in addition to his salary! He work as a security guard. .. but later I find out those checks he was receiving was SSi. I never was with him for his money so why did he lie.???

3.) I paid for every time we went out to dinner ... im not sure if you guys are familiar with a restaurant called Texas de Brazil... yes a really nice restaurant and is like over $$$ for two people !!! He paid only a couple times at cheap restaurants.

4.) He never treated me to a spa day ... I paid for him to get his pedicure done !! Yup i was STUPID!!

NEVER AGAIN !!!
I DON'T EVEN LOOK AT MEN THE SAME ANY MORE !!! UGH!!
bluedeaj
by Deidre on Feb. 9, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Things I won't do again:

1.  cook for someone who doesn't know how to cook themselves, and doesn't appreciate healthier foods.

2.  become a homebody to spend time with someone, I much prefer being out and about, even taking a walk just the two of us.  doing SOMETHING other than sitting at home.

3.  I will never again feel pressured into having sex. no matter how serious the relationship is (like marriage).  I should never feel taken advantage of in that situation, and I choose to never feel that way again.

Frances0923
I can not wait to run over the cat that keeps peeing on the roof of my car ... little bastard Lol
Yesterday at 1:50 PM
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 6:20 PM
With my sons father I did nothing crazy. But with my recent ex yes I did the same with deleting contacts so he would feel more secure. He was really insecure and always thought I was up to no good.
Frances0923
I can not wait to run over the cat that keeps peeing on the roof of my car ... little bastard Lol
Yesterday at 1:50 PM
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Girl! Never pay for a guy lol ever!!!!

Quoting superdivamom727: Ohhh yea looking back i did some stupid stuff or this fool !!!

1.) I continuously paid for his car note! (I could have been bought me a car but didnt because I was helping him out !! Stupid me)

2.) i belived every word he said!! All his lies.. for example... he lied that he won the lottery and he receives a couple hundred bucks a month in addition to his salary! He work as a security guard. .. but later I find out those checks he was receiving was SSi. I never was with him for his money so why did he lie.???

3.) I paid for every time we went out to dinner ... im not sure if you guys are familiar with a restaurant called Texas de Brazil... yes a really nice restaurant and is like over $$$ for two people !!! He paid only a couple times at cheap restaurants.

4.) He never treated me to a spa day ... I paid for him to get his pedicure done !! Yup i was STUPID!!

NEVER AGAIN !!!

superdivamom727
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Lmao! Girl trust I know but I thought I was in "LOVE" and helping someone who I thought loved me !!! ... lol but I learned my lesson !!

Quoting Frances0923: Girl! Never pay for a guy lol ever!!!!

Quoting superdivamom727: Ohhh yea looking back i did some stupid stuff or this fool !!!

NEVER AGAIN !!!
Daliabea
by Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Diva, my Ex gets an SSI check and LOVES it, cause he doesn't have to pay for child support. Used to throw it in my face all the time.

Dads of the year!

NEVER AGAIN !!!

superdivamom727
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Lol girl !!! Dont let him get off the hook !! He can still pay child support !! Its still a way to collect according to my childsupport office here in Atlanta! !...my ex recieves SSDI not SSI im sorry !! Usually they add the child on and sends the childs portion to you which means less for the dad.

Quoting Daliabea: Diva, my Ex gets an SSI check and LOVES it, cause he doesn't have to pay for child support. Used to throw it in my face all the time.

Dads of the year!

NEVER AGAIN !!!
Daliabea
by Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
You are indeed lucky. SSI can't be garnished cause its a federal or Govt program.

Quoting superdivamom727:

Lol girl !!! Dont let him get off the hook !! He can still pay child support !! Its still a way to collect according to my childsupport office here in Atlanta! !...my ex recieves SSDI not SSI im sorry !! Usually they add the child on and sends the childs portion to you which means less for the dad.

Quoting Daliabea: Diva, my Ex gets an SSI check and LOVES it, cause he doesn't have to pay for child support. Used to throw it in my face all the time.

Dads of the year!

NEVER AGAIN !!!

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 9, 2014 at 9:03 PM

The lies, omg the lies. I actually believed he would stop. Yup not doing that again.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 9, 2014 at 9:17 PM

I went to Texas de Brazil when I was married. I did not care for it.

NEVER AGAIN !!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)