Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

met a much younger guy im 42 he is 27

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:08 AM
  • 20 Replies
Need advicr!, ive been single 2 years, havent been one a date, until last week i got oit finally but he is much younger. I dont think this will be longterm but im curious to see what develops. I have been trying different online dating sites n no luck, i got out and met someone i really liked we r on phone texting and have talked everyday!what r your thoughts?
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wendythewriter
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think I'd date someone that much younger, but that's a personal preference. If you like him, give it a shot. You already say you don't think it will be longterm, so it doesn't sound like you would be expecting anything he doesn't want to give. I would make sure he's on the same page as you regarding the relationship (not necessarily telling him you don't see it as a longterm thing, but making sure that he isn't thinking you'll get married and stuff, or that you don't plan to have more kids if that's the case or whatever).

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:12 AM

Personally I couldn't date someone that much younger. For some it works, for me I prefer someone to be at a similar stage in life as myself.

Callaly
by Jessica on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:12 AM

If you are aware that it won't be a long term thing or that it won't be serious, then go for it! You only live once and its not like he is under 25, under 25 I would have been like "No way what could you have in common" But he is late 20's almost 30... probably has a career and income. Just enjoy yourself!

mytrueloveS
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:23 AM
2 moms liked this
I say have fun.
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:29 AM
For me 10 is my limit. I won't date anyone 10 years older or 10 years younger.
I have a teenager - when I am in my forties he will be in his twenties.
I won't be dating anyone close to my sons age that, would be like dating his friends.
moni1908
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:47 AM
2 moms liked this
Nice...you found someone. You never know where it could lead. Have fun, enjoy and keep us posted!:)

Quoting roxmom202: Need advicr!, ive been single 2 years, havent been one a date, until last week i got oit finally but he is much younger. I dont think this will be longterm but im curious to see what develops. I have been trying different online dating sites n no luck, i got out and met someone i really liked we r on phone texting and have talked everyday!what r your thoughts?
superdivamom727
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Well in my WENDY WILLIAMS VOICE !!!! "Just use him for a drive by " (wink wink). If you know whatI mean lol... what can a 42 yr old and a 27 yr old possibly have in common besides being freaky in the bedroom anyways lol...im just saying !!!
moni1908
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol!!! I love Wendy

Quoting superdivamom727: Well in my WENDY WILLIAMS VOICE !!!! "Just use him for a drive by " (wink wink). If you know whatI mean lol... what can a 42 yr old and a 27 yr old possibly have in common besides being freaky in the bedroom anyways lol...im just saying !!!
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:08 PM
My SO will be 47 this year and I will be 29.

We would continue to be together if we could communicate better, which with therapy I think we could. But he isn't willing to go.

We have been together for almost 6 years and have a 1 year old together and I am pregnant with our second child.

I am leaving in the next couple of months though. Our communication problems I just can't live with anymore.
deltathree
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:18 PM

GL - but he's just having fun.  I don't see it as anything lasting/serious.  He's just too young. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)