Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Jewlery he gave you.. What did you do with it?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:56 PM
  • 63 Replies
1 mom liked this

If there is any jewlery that was given to you during the time of your relationship from your ex, what did you do with it? Did you keep it? Do you still wear it? Did you give it back? Pawn it?

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Callaly
by Jessica on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I kept my wedding rings and all the jewlery that was a gift from my ex, I put it in my saftey deposit box for when DD is old enough, its her's!

I just HOPE she doesn't use the wedding rings for her own wedding pretty sure those are bad luck!

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:07 PM

I have actually lost everything except for the wedding bands from my first marriage.

woodstock525
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

The wedding ring and engagement ring I have in my jewelry box and will give to my dd.  Anything else, to be honest, I can't remember anything that he actually got me so it's mixed in with my other jewelry so I probably do wear it.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:23 PM
2 moms liked this

The engagement ring and ring given for 5year anniversary are in my jewelry box.

I read a story last year of someone who keeps dropping their jewelry in the Salvation army kettle during the holidays with a note that someone else needs this more than I do.

I plan to do this in December of this year.

Callaly
by Jessica on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:32 PM

That is an awesome idea actually. If I had more valuable pieces I would do that without question. From my EX I have 3 pairs of earrings, my engagement ring and wedding ring. He did give me a push present but I still wear that I consider it a gift from DD.

Quoting virginiamama71:

The engagement ring and ring given for 5year anniversary are in my jewelry box.

I read a story last year of someone who keeps dropping their jewelry in the Salvation army kettle during the holidays with a note that someone else needs this more than I do.

I plan to do this in December of this year.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Pawned the engagement ring and trashed the wedding ring, it wasn't a matched set. No loss. And definitely wouldn't pass it down to my kids.

Carolynishappy
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I pawned my engagement and wedding rings 2 weeks after we split. I needed the money and I was disgusted to look at them.

*^*Carolyn*^* 

Callaly
by Jessica on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:46 PM

Wow really?! I didn't even know that this was possible!

Quoting JuicyMom2k14:

I had it melted down into a small, yet effective, device to pleasure myself with. Sure it reminds me of him, but it makes me climax 2-3 times in one sitting. Plus it looks super cool and blingy. I highly reccomend doing this.

LifeCafe42
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 12:53 AM
I gave an engagement ring in the basement somewhere
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sid1083
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 1:13 AM
I still have my wedding set; I wear the plainer band daily on my right hand. A bracelet from my first bf I also wear daily. The necklace bd gave me I wear on occasion when I dress up for a function.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)