Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Dating thoughts UPDATE

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 3:47 PM
  • 17 Replies

UPDATE: I figured out how to pay for something and he can't quite object. My 12 yo wanted to go see Monster Jam next weekend so I invited sh and his son to go with my boys and me. He is out of town this weekend so he game me the information on how to get them through his work. So I just called and ordered the tickets. I am sure he will try to pay me back for them, but oh well. I am trying at least.

Things are going really well with soccer husband. We have gone out a few more times with and without kids. We went out last weekend after the boys all played airsoft, 2 adults 7 kids, for dinner. We sat together and let the kids at another table. My oldest son thinks he's great, same with oldest dd, the younger two have not interacted with him much yet but they are fine with him so far.

My biggest beef, and I know; it's a small one, but he always pays. Whether its a dinner and a movie date just the two of us, all 9 of us, or just us and the girls after a soccer game. I don't know how much he makes, but I do know where he works and what he does, he's been there for 20 years so I'm sure he makes a decent wage. But I still feel odd him always footing the bill. Last time we went out by ourselves I didn't say anything about it, but when we were out with the girls on Sunday I told him that one of these days he's going to have to let me pay.

by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Feb. 18, 2014 at 3:50 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm glad things are going well. I would love to have a boyfriend who pays for everything!
Callaly
by Jessica on Feb. 18, 2014 at 4:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Maybe next time he asks you out for dinner or a movie date, tell him that you will only go if he lets you pay. You can bring up your concern but really there is nothing wrong with it! Hes a grown up and I am sure responsible, and if he is doing it then he probably has the means for it. Don't let it get to you!

sid1083
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 4:21 PM
3 moms liked this

I'd much rather have that beef than one because YOU are always the one paying!

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
It's great that that's your biggest problem. I think you mentioning it is great and then next time tell him you'll only go if he lets you pay.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 19, 2014 at 12:08 AM
I'm glad things are going well!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilMamaK
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Glad things are going well!!

Mommy to a beautiful daughter (7.5.08), Stepmom to an amazing son(6.5.07), and Angel baby boy(3.6.10)

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Just enjoy someone else paying ..instead of u. U can offer..if he will accept? If not ? Do something special for him.. Too show ur appreciation.
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 3:32 PM

Glad to hear things are going well.  What does he say when you offer to pay?

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 3:42 PM
2 moms liked this

He just says that he's got it. I swear I worry about the stupidest things. But I think I have a way to pay for something. We are going to take our boys to the Montser Jam next weekend, I think I will just order the tickets. :)

Quoting amonkeymom:

Glad to hear things are going well.  What does he say when you offer to pay?

Akeso
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 3:49 PM

I think I get it. You think him paying all the time he can use it against you if for some reason you don't want to get intimate with him. I agree. Try and keep it "balanced" as much as you can, and if you absolutely cannot pay (do you really make an effort? I've got up to go to the bathroom and paid bills a few times, you could try that), then see if you can think of something else to give him or pay for. Something he'd like or something. But agree, do SOMETHING.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN