Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dating thoughts UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post

UPDATE: I figured out how to pay for something and he can't quite object. My 12 yo wanted to go see Monster Jam next weekend so I invited sh and his son to go with my boys and me. He is out of town this weekend so he game me the information on how to get them through his work. So I just called and ordered the tickets. I am sure he will try to pay me back for them, but oh well. I am trying at least.

Things are going really well with soccer husband. We have gone out a few more times with and without kids. We went out last weekend after the boys all played airsoft, 2 adults 7 kids, for dinner. We sat together and let the kids at another table. My oldest son thinks he's great, same with oldest dd, the younger two have not interacted with him much yet but they are fine with him so far.

My biggest beef, and I know; it's a small one, but he always pays. Whether its a dinner and a movie date just the two of us, all 9 of us, or just us and the girls after a soccer game. I don't know how much he makes, but I do know where he works and what he does, he's been there for 20 years so I'm sure he makes a decent wage. But I still feel odd him always footing the bill. Last time we went out by ourselves I didn't say anything about it, but when we were out with the girls on Sunday I told him that one of these days he's going to have to let me pay.

by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Replies (11-17):
bluedeaj
by Deidre on Feb. 19, 2014 at 3:57 PM

So glad things are going well for ya :-D

krisnkids
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Bump

steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

My bf broke up with me on Valentine' Day (I know worst day for that to happen) but he was a jerk so it's all good. 

I concur with just telling the your bf that you would like to pay every now and then.  If your bf insists on paying then let him.  Sometimes guys have big egos on stuff like this and its hard for them to see their gf's as single moms having to pay for various things.  I would do something nice for him like make him dinner and pick up a some beer or something else he likes to consume.  That way you are recipricating in kind.

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 5:17 PM

That's a good way to be able to pay. You could get tickets for other stuff in advance too or giftcards to use.

moni1908
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 8:46 PM
I'm so happy to read your post. Sounds like things are going well. When I want to pay a bill and I know my friend or whoever will insist on paying. I excuse myself to the restroom, find our server and hand them my card..that way its taken care of and the other person can't do a thing. A mom did that to me years ago and I've taken it on lol.

Quoting krisnkids:

UPDATE: I figured out how to pay for something and he can't quite object. My 12 yo wanted to go see Monster Jam next weekend so I invited sh and his son to go with my boys and me. He is out of town this weekend so he game me the information on how to get them through his work. So I just called and ordered the tickets. I am sure he will try to pay me back for them, but oh well. I am trying at least.

Things are going really well with soccer husband. We have gone out a few more times with and without kids. We went out last weekend after the boys all played airsoft, 2 adults 7 kids, for dinner. We sat together and let the kids at another table. My oldest son thinks he's great, same with oldest dd, the younger two have not interacted with him much yet but they are fine with him so far.

My biggest beef, and I know; it's a small one, but he always pays. Whether its a dinner and a movie date just the two of us, all 9 of us, or just us and the girls after a soccer game. I don't know how much he makes, but I do know where he works and what he does, he's been there for 20 years so I'm sure he makes a decent wage. But I still feel odd him always footing the bill. Last time we went out by ourselves I didn't say anything about it, but when we were out with the girls on Sunday I told him that one of these days he's going to have to let me pay.

sarahmiamaria
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:58 AM
If your only complaint is that he is a gentleman then I think you shouldn't be complaining :-P I know it's hard to let someone help and "take care" of you, I am the same way. But if you make such a small thing a big issue you might alienate him. :-) good luck
deltathree
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 12:16 PM

I agree with this.....

Quoting sarahmiamaria: If your only complaint is that he is a gentleman then I think you shouldn't be complaining :-P I know it's hard to let someone help and "take care" of you, I am the same way. But if you make such a small thing a big issue you might alienate him. :-) good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)