Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have PTSD

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:30 PM
  • 7 Replies

Went to a therapist yesterday and got an answer finally.It was 4 days after I kicked out my husband last week  that I started I started having nightmares and could not sleep at night .With my parents by my side for support,I was diagnosed with PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder).Therapist said it was the abuse my estranged husband put me through that triggered it and said there is hope for me.My parents agreed with me that there is hope out there for me.I described the nighmares my estranged abusive husband did to me.Therapist put me on medication,Zoloft and it seems to be working now.

by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
krisnkids
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

While I am sorry you are going through this, I am glad you have gotten diagnosed and are seeking treatment. As a survivor of a spouse with PTSD can I suggest something? Write a diary of your daily issues with PTSD and how they are affecting you and your family. Learn how to recognized the symptoms and talk to your therapist on how to deal with them. My exhusband had a severe case of PTSD but would never admit it nor seek treament for it. Instead he drank a lot and tried to overcome it on his own. Our marriage suffered because I saw the issue and he denied it. Use your parents as a sounding board, get their thoughts etc. It sounds like you have an awesome relationship with them, hold tight to it.

haileyj1
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

My family saw I was not being myself at all.I started writing a diary too and it has been working too.Plus my therapist is going to send the papers to my divorce lawyer.Divorce papers have been served and my estranged abusive husband signed them on Sunday.

haileyj1
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:33 PM

Lawyer wants to see the papers,going after him for spousal support.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 3:31 PM

I'm glad you're getting help and that you're no longer in an abusive situation.  (((hug)))

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:37 PM

*hugs* I am glad to hear that you are getting help.

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 6:48 PM

I'm glad you got out of that situation and that you're getting help

haileyj1
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 7:03 PM

The cop that was always there when he was called out is proud of me too.I told him my estranged husband is no longer living here and not to come back.Plus my kids witnessed the abuse happening.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)