Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

WHAT KIND OF EVIDENCE ???.....

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 3:12 PM
  • 17 Replies
Ok so I have an upcoming court date for child custody/ child support case in march.. so I called to make sure they have all the forms that I sent since the case is in fl and im in ga ... on one of the letter they sent me states send possible evidence ... im not sure what they mean... or they talking about evidence of being a good mom ... or evidence of stable living situation. ... I don't have any evidence of the crap and abuse he put me through but then again I do have fam and friends who can serve as a witnesses...

What kind of evidence ?? Im kinda lost lol... what do you moms think?? What kind of evidence did you present in your case ??
by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 21, 2014 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Can you call the court and ask? Do you have a lawyer that you could ask?

superdivamom727
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 5:01 PM

No I don't have a lawyer !!! I ask the magistrates secretary and she says anything that would prove my case but she was really nice but she cant give legal info though.

Quoting ColleenF30:

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 21, 2014 at 8:28 PM

BUMP!

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 21, 2014 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I would bring the proof of stability and the witnesses too. I wish you luck.

Quoting superdivamom727:

No I don't have a lawyer !!! I ask the magistrates secretary and she says anything that would prove my case but she was really nice but she cant give legal info though.

Quoting ColleenF30:

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Is there a legal aid office in either state you can call? I'd send proof of stability (where you live, how long you've been there, daycare info, etc).

IUMer
by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

You want to prove how good of a mother you are. That is very important. Prove it in every way that you can think of, as you are pleading your case FOR you, not just against him.

Of course if you have evidence against him you would also provde that.

IUMer
by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I mean even if it means having pictures of your home, documentation of steady employment, pictures from special events that involved your children, your lease agreement - EVERYTHING you can think of that proves you are speaking the truth about the life you provide for your children.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Did you call the police during the times he abused you? If you did get the police reports and make sure your witnesses are ready to testify for you
wendythewriter
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this

They want proof of anything relating to this. Proof that your home is stable, proof that you can provide for the kids, proof that you actually have the kids in your custody at this moment (I'm assuming you do). Any proof of abuse, of him treating the children badly, neglecting them, of him having a drinking or drug problem if he does. Anything and everything you have that prove he shouldn't have custody and you should, good or bad.

Good luck!

superdivamom727
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Thanks soo much for your reply !! Both your post had really great advice !!

Quoting IUMer:

I mean even if it means having pictures of your home, documentation of steady employment, pictures from special events that involved your children, your lease agreement - EVERYTHING you can think of that proves you are speaking the truth about the life you provide for your children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN