Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Alone again

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 4:26 PM
  • 12 Replies
I am 23 and have an almost 3 year old son. His dad and I have even separated for a long time now. The last year I have dating this guy and we both kind of decided to split up last night. He is the only guy I have dated since my sons dad. I am feeling sad because the main reason we split is he wasn't ready/mature enough to date someone who was a full time mother. He always said he love the family life but always seem distant when i did "mothery" things (bath, bedtime, etc). Anyway, I know it's better we aren't together but I can't help feel like I'm going I be alone for a long time. Not many good guys out there are willing to date a girl with a kid. I just feel sad and alone. My son is gone with his dad for the weekend (which doesn't happen very often) to he isn't here to keep me busy. Needing some words of encouragement.
by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!

It's ok to be alone, no matter how long it is.  Just work on being happy with yourself, and raise your son as best as you can.  Call up some girlfriends and go see a movie, go get a pedicure or just curl up with a good book or a chick flick.

You'll make it through this.

Frances0923
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly I have never had a problem dating and I am a single mother. However I did not date much when my son was younger, I started dating when he was 5. Mature men don't care if you have a child or not. Im officially single for two months (broke up with my bf of 2-3 years) and im planning to stay single and not date for a whileeee lol like wait until my son is a teen type of while and he's 8 now. But I have been asked out in the last 2 months by several guys in Facebook when I changed my status so yes they don't care if we have children lol your beautiful, wallow a bit then go back out there sexy as fu*k and have fun
StephanieJay
by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 5:59 PM
I'm really ok with being alone right now. I feel like I would LOVE time to only worry about my son and myself. I'm just suddenly feeling like I may be alone forever because I have a child. I really don't know why I'm feeling this way... It's been a couple days of being single. May be because out of my group of friends I am the only single mom... Well only mom period. And my friends are all engaged and starting their lives. I just need to learn to stand tall having child and being single.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Welcome!

It's ok to be alone, no matter how long it is.  Just work on being happy with yourself, and raise your son as best as you can.  Call up some girlfriends and go see a movie, go get a pedicure or just curl up with a good book or a chick flick.

You'll make it through this.

StephanieJay
by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 6:02 PM
Thanks! That's really helped. I plan on being single for a while. I am going out tonight with some of my close friends. I feel all gloomy lol but Im going to try and relax and let loose ;)

Quoting Frances0923: Honestly I have never had a problem dating and I am a single mother. However I did not date much when my son was younger, I started dating when he was 5. Mature men don't care if you have a child or not. Im officially single for two months (broke up with my bf of 2-3 years) and im planning to stay single and not date for a whileeee lol like wait until my son is a teen type of while and he's 8 now. But I have been asked out in the last 2 months by several guys in Facebook when I changed my status so yes they don't care if we have children lol your beautiful, wallow a bit then go back out there sexy as fu*k and have fun
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I have that feeling sometimes too. Then I remind myself that there are tons of single moms that find an amazing man. I feel like when the time is right I'll meet someone.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 23, 2014 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this
*hugs* Someday you will meet the right one. I play online when I am lonely.
hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 7:53 AM
Looking at your avatar..you shouldnt have a hard time finding a new guy..who will accept you and ur son. If a man aint interested in my children..they he aint interested me either.
StephanieJay
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 10:17 AM
True that helps :)

Quoting hopealways4019: Looking at your avatar..you shouldnt have a hard time finding a new guy..who will accept you and ur son. If a man aint interested in my children..they he aint interested me either.
StephanieJay
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Just got to keep my head up!

Quoting cjsmom1:

I have that feeling sometimes too. Then I remind myself that there are tons of single moms that find an amazing man. I feel like when the time is right I'll meet someone.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 23, 2014 at 7:39 PM
Welcome I'm sorry that it didn't work out. Just keep busy have a glass of wine relax good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN