Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I'm single now after 10 years

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 8:14 PM
  • 10 Replies
Tomorrow would of been our 10 year anniversary he left almost 4 weeks ago. Here's the story we been together for so long not married this last 3 years we've had a lot of ups and downs but I have been doing everything I could to keep us together we have a 6 yr old son with Down syndrome so keeping our family together for me was so important. One night we got into a fight a lot of mean things were said and I said for him to leave the next day he left when I was asleep I text him right when I heard the door close telling him it wasn't what I wanted that let's work it out I didn't hear from him for a week saying he hated me and never wants to be with me again.. I tried my hardest everyday calling him crying texting asking him for our family let's not give up he never would reply I found out 2 weeks ago he is talking to someone else. I haven't seen him in almost a month. I'm trying to get over this and accept it is done but it hurts so much that so quickly he is done and has moved on I feel like everyday I'm hurt that my family has broken up and everyday he is moving on and happy with someone else.. Sorry so long
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 23, 2014 at 8:18 PM
Hugs
Welcome to the group.
MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!  stay strong : )

TAG9lbs
by Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 10:18 PM

::::HUGS!!:::::

Jaimegurl23
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Is the family unit important? Yes. But you should never just try and "work things out" because of a child. If it's not working, it's not going to work no matter what or WHO you are trying to keep it together for. Actions speak louder than words and if he is able to move on like that, then there is your answer. I know it is hard - believe me but do not feel that YOU are responsible for his actions. No matter WHAT happened between you two in a fight - he has choices and CHOSE to talk to someone else. He could still be mad and upset but not do something like that. That's not who you want in your life as a partner.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 24, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Quoting diaperstodating: Hugs
Welcome to the group.

superdivamom727
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 12:43 PM

hugs

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Welcome *hugs*

Carolynishappy
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry that you are going through all this. I know it is tough. My marriage fell apart almost 5 years ago. I left him though. He had decided his friends were more important. But in the course of me leaving he said he had no idea our marriage was having problems, but yet he had a girlfriend a week later. I look back and noe I regret ever marrying him but the reason I did marry him is because, like you, I wanted to have my family togther. I thought it was more important for my DS to have both parents together. Our marriage only lasted about 2 years. I know it is hard to deal with, but keep your head up. Stay strong for your son. He needs you. He needs the stability in his life. We are here for you if you need to talk.

*^*Carolyn*^* 

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:16 PM
Hugs
nana776
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry you are going through this. It's hard to get used to being single again. It's hard to imagine your life without him. Try to stay focused on day to day things and not so much on the future for a while. You need a little time to grieve the loss of your relationship. Eventually you will find that you are getting along just fine. You may even find that you are doing better than you did with him.

And please be aware that some guys use jealousy and a fear of losing him as a ploy to get you to do what they want. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)