Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Belongs in Venting - Crazy neighbor - Call CPS??

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 12:35 AM
  • 13 Replies

This should b in Venting chat but I just wanted to up my rank in here.

My crazy neighbor lady to the right lives with her 2 kids and her mother and her brother. I haven't bothered to ask where the dad is but he is never around. Its 11:30 at night and I heard kids laughter outside and some dogs yipping like they got scared. So I went to check. Don't they realize this is a ridiculous hour to be making these noises outside?

She is out in the parking lot area of our townhouses with her DS7, DD3, and her dog. Also outside is my neighbor to the left about a townhouse over with his dog he is usually out with. Oh my gosh he is kind of a cute looking college guy. I never bothered to get chatty with him since he is too skinny for my taste. I wonder if she keeps her kids up to this ridiculous hour so she can go flirt with him? 

i partially want to call CPS but otherwise rant over. Hope you gotta laugh.

by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 24, 2014 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Why do you want to call CPS or ask her where the dad is?

mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Uh you can't call cps for that
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:15 PM

Why would you want to call CPS? She is a mom, in a  parking lot, with her kids, with her dog and talking to a man. If that's a CPS worthy call then we are all screwed. Good for her for checking out the new guy, it takes guts to do that.

TAG9lbs
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:33 PM

I was stating I never cared to chat her up on where the biological dad or if they have the same dad. 

i was just half joking about calling CPS for have=ing the kids out at 11:30 at night.

Quoting virginiamama71:

ladybugchick317
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:35 PM

What is there to call cps for?

TAG9lbs
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Oh that's messed up i was mostly complaining about having trouble sleeping at 11:30 last night due to how close the children laughing, screaming and dogs yipping not more than 20 ft from my bedroom window. I didn't realize they could change my title to Should I Call CPS. 

Is this a prank? Am I on the dramatic FOX? Hi Mom!! 

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:46 PM
Seriously?
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I still don't get why you even consider calling CPS or where you were complaining you couldn't sleep. CPS workers are inundated with enough calls for neglected children, calling them to report a mom out with her children at 11:30 at night is a waste of important resources needed to protect children who are in actual danger. Who knows, maybe one was sick and they were coming home from the ER or mom needed something from the store and had no one to watch her kids so she took them with her. Again, CPS is for children in danger not those being properly cared for by their parents.

Quoting TAG9lbs:

Oh that's messed up i was mostly complaining about having trouble sleeping at 11:30 last night due to how close the children laughing, screaming and dogs yipping not more than 20 ft from my bedroom window. I didn't realize they could change my title to Should I Call CPS. 

Is this a prank? Am I on the dramatic FOX? Hi Mom!! 

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Ok but still do not understand why you would even think to half joke about calling CPS.

Alot of people have their children out late at night and have valid reasons for this, but does not mean they are neglecting or abusing them.

Quoting TAG9lbs:

I was stating I never cared to chat her up on where the biological dad or if they have the same dad. 

i was just half joking about calling CPS for have=ing the kids out at 11:30 at night.

Quoting virginiamama71:

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it's our parenting to have kids out that late unless it's necessary, but not cps worthy.

Did she do something else to annoy you?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)