Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

If you knew you were going to be a single mom would you have avoided getting pregnant?

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:10 PM
  • 57 Replies
1 mom liked this

I probably would have avoided it myself.  HOWEVER, I adore being a mom.  I love my kids and I actually love being a single mom and wouldn't trade any of it.

How about you?

by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Carolynishappy
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, I would not have avoided it. There is nothing I would trade in the world for my son.

*^*Carolyn*^* 

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:19 PM
I don't know. Part of me hates not having a "normal" family. And dealing with my ex can be difficult at times. However, I can't imagine not having ds. And I can't imagine his dad not being a part of my life n
steviechick
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

If I had known my ex was going to turn out to be a total deadbeat, scumbag loser I would have divorced him years ago.  However, I don't ever regret having my daughter.  She's the best thing to happen in my life.  Unfortunately, my ex is another subject......

raegan1221
by Raegan on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Same here.

Quoting Carolynishappy:

Nope, I would not have avoided it. There is nothing I would trade in the world for my son.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:47 PM

I think so.

idomatter
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:47 PM

I was already divorced from my ex for a month when we conceived our second son. During that pregnancy, I asked my OB about having my tubes tied. I didn't want 3 kids being a single mom. So, yes, I avoided the possibility of #3. He and I still were seeing eachother until our second son was a year old.

RonaH
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

That is a hard one to answer. I always knew I would be a single mom from when I found out I was pregnant. I however never thought he would be a complete deadbeat, there was nothing about him that came across that way in all those years we were together. I had a rough start so I think if you asked me then I would have said yes I would not want to have a child but now I'm happy I have her we are like a little team. 

sid1083
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:46 PM

I just wish I would have made a better choice. I didn't plan on becoming pregnant, but once that was my situation I made the best choice for myself given the circumstances.

sid1083
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:48 PM

I just wish I would have made a better choice. I didn't plan on becoming pregnant, but once that was my situation I made the best choice for myself given the circumstances.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 24, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Nah.... I don't think I would have avoided it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN