Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How handy are you?

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:38 PM
  • 12 Replies

Mobile Photo

When something breaks who fixes it? Do you know how, or do you hire someone? Do you know how to put something together with tools (ex: bed, bookshelf, tv stand)? Or does a friend or family member help?
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:42 PM
I am not handy. The maintenance man fixes things, my stepfather puts things together.
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm pretty darn handy either house or car. I was a mechanic in the military so while I can do the maintenance on my car I no longer have all the tools for it not to mention most is still under warranty so I have the dealer do most. The house, I got my management company mad at me because I fixed my own toilet, I got tired of waiting for them to come do it.

sid1083
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I am not handy at all . . . I can sew (basic - nothing complex) and that's about it. I call my dad or someone on my list who can help. About the only thing I'm good for is offering them a beer while they work.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 24, 2014 at 4:01 PM

I normally can do pretty much anything myself.

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 4:08 PM

I can do anything that comes with directions.  Im pretty handy.  I can do basic car mainenance and change a tire.  I can take apart clogged pipes and clear them.  The only thing i really wont mess with is electric.  It scares me.  haha!  

BeAmour
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 4:10 PM
3 moms liked this

Give me youtube and a tool box and I can be an expert at anything! Pow!

Carolynishappy
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 5:01 PM

I wouldn't call myself handy but I can fix a lot of things. I can pout things together with tools and stuff like that. I am renting so I jsut call the landlord, but small things that need fixing that I can not do I call my dad. He's very handy. :)

*^*Carolyn*^* 

cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Feb. 24, 2014 at 5:14 PM

I am not handy at all. I mess up putting furniture together with the directions. Ds's dad fixes everything for me

SwitchbladeMama
Did you say your lovers were liars? All my lovers were liars too. Did you say you were afraid of dying? Baby, I ain't lived a single day without you.
Yesterday at 1:20 PM
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:47 PM

I'm pretty handy, depends on what it is.

If it's something I am unsure of I either figure it out by researching online, or getting help from my dad.

nana776
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I can put together furniture, clear a drain, do basic maintenance on a car, some home repair, but I never mess with electricity. I wouldn't say I'm exactly handy, just get done what needs to be done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN