Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How handy are you?

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:38 PM
  • 12 Replies

Mobile Photo

When something breaks who fixes it? Do you know how, or do you hire someone? Do you know how to put something together with tools (ex: bed, bookshelf, tv stand)? Or does a friend or family member help?
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:42 PM
I am not handy. The maintenance man fixes things, my stepfather puts things together.
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm pretty darn handy either house or car. I was a mechanic in the military so while I can do the maintenance on my car I no longer have all the tools for it not to mention most is still under warranty so I have the dealer do most. The house, I got my management company mad at me because I fixed my own toilet, I got tired of waiting for them to come do it.

sid1083
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I am not handy at all . . . I can sew (basic - nothing complex) and that's about it. I call my dad or someone on my list who can help. About the only thing I'm good for is offering them a beer while they work.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 24, 2014 at 4:01 PM

I normally can do pretty much anything myself.

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 4:08 PM

I can do anything that comes with directions.  Im pretty handy.  I can do basic car mainenance and change a tire.  I can take apart clogged pipes and clear them.  The only thing i really wont mess with is electric.  It scares me.  haha!  

BeAmour
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 4:10 PM
3 moms liked this

Give me youtube and a tool box and I can be an expert at anything! Pow!

Carolynishappy
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 5:01 PM

I wouldn't call myself handy but I can fix a lot of things. I can pout things together with tools and stuff like that. I am renting so I jsut call the landlord, but small things that need fixing that I can not do I call my dad. He's very handy. :)

*^*Carolyn*^* 

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 5:14 PM

I am not handy at all. I mess up putting furniture together with the directions. Ds's dad fixes everything for me

SwitchbladeMama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:47 PM

I'm pretty handy, depends on what it is.

If it's something I am unsure of I either figure it out by researching online, or getting help from my dad.

nana776
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I can put together furniture, clear a drain, do basic maintenance on a car, some home repair, but I never mess with electricity. I wouldn't say I'm exactly handy, just get done what needs to be done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)