Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

He is a lazy bum!

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:38 AM
  • 23 Replies

My daughters dad is just stupid. Seriously stupid. I have been sending clothes for her for over a year, all I ask is that everything is returned I do not ask for it to be washed. I have found lately that he hasn't been sending everything back.

I texted him last night telling him that I won't be able to continue sending clothes with her if I am not getting anything back, he told me that he doesn't have time during the weekend to look for clothes to send back, I suggested that he keeps everything in the same place and he shouldn't have an issue, he replied "Fuck you"

What am I supposed to do? The reason I send the clothes is because I am afraid that if I don't she will not have clean clothes or clothes that fit her properly (either too small or too large) and I really am running low on clothes, I have to do laundry 2 times a week for her now because of the lack of clothes I have but I feel like he is jerking me around because he is pissed that I don't want to change our schedule with DD.

by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:52 AM

How often does she go there?

I just send my son with a backpack with his sleeping clothes, and clothes for the next day. He brings stuff back cleaned sometimes not cleaned.

He is just going overnight Friday and/or Saturday.

Callaly
by Jessica on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:56 AM

She goes every weekend, in our custody agreement it states that he needs to provide the clothes for when she is there, he was doing this but the clothes were dirty or too big/too small and so I told him that I would provide the clothes as long as I got all of them back, I send a duffle bag.

Quoting virginiamama71:

I just send my son with a backpack with his sleeping clothes, and clothes for the next day. He brings stuff back cleaned sometimes not cleaned.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Ask him does he wear clothes that are dirty and too small for himself?

Quoting Callaly:

She goes every weekend, in our custody agreement it states that he needs to provide the clothes for when she is there, he was doing this but the clothes were dirty or too big/too small and so I told him that I would provide the clothes as long as I got all of them back, I send a duffle bag.

Quoting virginiamama71:

Jenn8604
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:00 AM
Id be letting the courts know he wasn't following his end of the agreement and calling cps anonymous for suspected neglect. you shouldn't have to pay for all the clothes and make sure they fit. He's a grown man who can buy his kid clothes that fit and wash them for her.

Quoting Callaly:

Quoting virginiamama71:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Set aside 3 outfits, 1 pajamas, 3 paris of socks and 3 panties that go with her every time. When something comes up missing put a note in the bag, XXX did not come back so I am assuming you still have it. Also, stop at the local resale shop, you can get some really cute name brand clothing for rather cheap.

Callaly
by Jessica on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Thats exactly what I told him, he just told me to shut up and fuck off because I was making his life even harder because I won't change schedules with him.

Quoting virginiamama71:

Quoting Callaly:

Quoting virginiamama71:

Callaly
by Jessica on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:06 AM

We don't really have resale places here :(

I am currently down from 10 pairs of pants to 4 and minimal shirts and he had them all, probably shoved into a corner somwhere dirty and smelly I just cant come to the point of not sending anything with her I would feel HORRIBLE.

Quoting krisnkids:

Set aside 3 outfits, 1 pajamas, 3 paris of socks and 3 panties that go with her every time. When something comes up missing put a note in the bag, XXX did not come back so I am assuming you still have it. Also, stop at the local resale shop, you can get some really cute name brand clothing for rather cheap.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:08 AM

work something out

Quoting Callaly:

Thats exactly what I told him, he just told me to shut up and fuck off because I was making his life even harder because I won't change schedules with him.

Quoting virginiamama71:

Quoting Callaly:

Quoting virginiamama71:

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Is the inside of his house dirty?

Quoting Callaly:

I am currently down from 10 pairs of pants to 4 and minimal shirts and he had them all, probably shoved into a corner somwhere dirty and smelly I just cant come to the point of not sending anything with her I would feel HORRIBLE.

Quoting krisnkids:

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Where are the exchanges done? If you go pick her up from dad's house do an inventory of the bag before you drive away. Also, I know your daughter is very young, but she sounds more responsible than her dad. Go get a special bag for her to put her dirty clothes in when she changes, when she brings everything home go hit McD's for a sundae.

Quoting Callaly:

Quoting krisnkids:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)