Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Some advice from some experienced moms would be welcome..

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:32 AM
  • 15 Replies

Basically my situation is this: I'm 18 years old, about 5-6 weeks along. I am in school and have a job, and I'm very excited to have this child, even though it was unexpected. The only thing is that I found my boyfriend, the baby's father, cheating on me. So, for obvious reasons he isn't going to be in my life and we are no longer in contact, but I'm worried over some things. Will the baby be okay only being raised by a mother? What do I do if the father comes round? What did you guys do when you had  to work or such with your child?

by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Miss_Magnolia.
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Why isn't he going to be there for his kid. Of course the baby won't be damaged because it has one parent but it is beneficial for him to be in it's life.

If he comes around you should let him.

My kids go to daycare and also get watched by family when I work. They get visitation with their dad every other weekend and once a week for dinner so there is that too.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:46 AM
2 moms liked this

Will the baby be okay only being raised by a mother? we do the best that we can

What do I do if the father comes round? Allow him to have a relationship with the child

What did you guys do when you had  to work or such with your child? Pay for a sitter, daycare, ask family/friends for support

Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:05 AM
3 moms liked this

Will the baby be okay only being raised by a mother?

Yes your baby will be just fine. There are many children that grow up in 2 parent families that don't turn out ok. Don't ever think or let anyone make you feel like you can't do a good job alone because you definitely can. A two parent family isn't always better.

What do I do if the father comes round?

If he isn't there to cause drama, allow him to be a father but don't allow him to play the in and out game.

What did you guys do when you had  to work or such with your child?

In the past when I was working I relied on daycare and my family helped when they could.

mytrueloveS
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Your child will be fine, just don't take his/her right to know the father.

My family took care of my son when I went to school/work.
Pooge
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:29 PM
Put him in daycare..or with family..if he wants to be in the baby's life let him..of yeah...file for child support too.
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Does he know you're pregnant? Are you sure he doesn't plan on helping?

Ds went to daycare when he was younger and now his dad watches him.

LilMamaK
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Agree!

Quoting Nisha929:

Will the baby be okay only being raised by a mother?

Yes your baby will be just fine. There are many children that grow up in 2 parent families that don't turn out ok. Don't ever think or let anyone make you feel like you can't do a good job alone because you definitely can. A two parent family isn't always better.

What do I do if the father comes round?

If he isn't there to cause drama, allow him to be a father but don't allow him to play the in and out game.

What did you guys do when you had  to work or such with your child?

In the past when I was working I relied on daycare and my family helped when they could.

Mommy to a beautiful daughter (7.5.08), Stepmom to an amazing son(6.5.07), and Angel baby boy(3.6.10)

Monsita
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Hugs.

You two will be fine.

Maybe, after done with the cheating, and you two being calmed, you two can agreed on a plan that will work for all of you to raise this child together. Best of luck!
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:23 PM
We do a damn good job.

Quoting virginiamama71:

Will the baby be okay only being raised by a mother? we do the best that we can

What do I do if the father comes round? Allow him to have a relationship with the child

What did you guys do when you had  to work or such with your child? Pay for a sitter, daycare, ask family/friends for support

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wendythewriter
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:54 AM
2 moms liked this

Your baby will be fine if you are the only parent.

Yes, obviously he won't be in YOUR life, but he does still have the right to be in the baby's life. Cheating makes him a shitty boyfriend, it doesn't necessarily make him a shitty dad. Does he know you're pregnant? If you haven't told him yet, you need to. Trying to hide it from him would look bad for you if he finds out through others and takes you to court.

If he wants to be a dad, let him be a dad. Don't let him be inconsistent and come and go as he pleases, but let him be a parent. Don't discuss anything other than the pregnancy/baby with him. No discussions of who he's dating, who you're dating, getting back together, what friends say about him/you, etc. Strictly pregnancy/baby talk and that's it.

When you have to work or go to school, you put the child in childcare - daycare, in home (either yours or theirs) sitter, family that's willing to watch him/her for you.

You'll be fine, and so will your baby. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN