Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does dad come to school functions?

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:52 PM
  • 27 Replies

My daughter has a choir concert tomorrow evening and of course her dad won't be there.  He has a good excuse though, he lives 7 hours away.  I know she wishes he'd come out at least once a year for one of her concerts though, it would really make her feel good to look out and see him in the audience.

Does your child's father attend functions like these?

by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:54 PM
No he doesn't. He hasn't been to any games, concerts, school functions or graduations.
Callaly
by Jessica on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:03 PM

DD is not in school yet but I think as long as his work schedule would allow it, he would come we wouldn't sit together tho.

Miss_Magnolia.
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:10 PM
We've had one. He came. We live in the smallest state so it's pretty easy
Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:16 PM

My kids father doesn't. When my daughter graduated from 5th grade a few years back, I invited him and his wife. Of course he gave me an excuse as to why he couldn't come. I found out after the fact that another of his kids was graduating (not that same day) and he went to hers. I didn't tell my daughter because I didn't want her to be hurt. He has a problem with me so he takes it out on them...smh.  

sweettea1985
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:17 PM
Occasionally
zumbanerd
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:18 PM

No, my daughter's father lives an hour and a half away and can't go. He has to work as well which has always been more important to him than our family. 

But I don't expect him to do so. So far, my daughter doesn't mind but she may when she's a little older. 

KimmyPoo
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:32 PM
Oh yes!! He never misses stuff like that
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 26, 2014 at 7:15 PM

When I was married he showed up for one school conference and one event for Thanksgiving class presentation and we lived right across from the school.

Now divorced he may show up at some games, never anything else but after 2 or 3 basketball and flag football games there was always an excuse.

He got lost, (even though he knows where the place is)

forgot what time/day,(even when we just called him minutes before it was to start)

fell asleep, (same got a call minutes before it was to start)

had no gas or money, (offered to put gas in his car)

called noone answer,  (there was no missed calls on my phone).

So I just do my part and let him know when our son has sport activities but I never tell him anything about school cause I already know he will not show up.

SwitchbladeMama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 7:25 PM

No, he doesn't.

He doesn't have a car, so I gave him my old, running, car for free so he could have a car and he still has yet to pay the $50 or whatever it costs to license and insure it.

I guess it's not his top priority.

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Rarely, it's just not something he does. He went to one wrestling tournament and ds's school award ceremony last quarter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)