Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Do you invite your child's other parent/other parent's family?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:43 PM
  • 28 Replies

When you have a party for your child (birthday, graduation, etc), do you invite his/her other parent or the family of the other parent?

Why/why not?

When my oldest son graduated from high school I had a party for him and did invite his dad and his dad's family (his now ex-wife, kids, siblings and my son's paternal grandparents).  Everyone had a nice time.

by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tyfry7496
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:47 PM
No. He hasn't been around in 17 years, why should he or his family be invited? He wouldn't come anyway, he's afraid of my family.
NananRaysmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Of course..and his girlriend.
We are all very close..and I'm very close with his family. Especially his sister's...
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:40 PM
I invite for the benefit of the child. Unfortunately dad doesn't usually come. It's isn't the .out comfortable thing for me but I try to keep the "it's for the child" and it helps.
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I invite my ex and his family to everything. He always comes to birthday parties, holiday dinners, and many extra things that we do. Two years ago his mom and sisters came down for the holidays. I'm pretty close to one of his sisters and talk to her throughout the year.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 2, 2014 at 2:24 PM

No they live too far away. He is invited and may or may not show up.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 4:01 PM

If the kids were in my care, would invite their grandma and some of the other relatives (if in town). Maybe the ex, certainly not his wife - because she is afraid of those who are mentally ill.(She insists on keeping my children who too have mental issues, beyond repair.) Depending on if I invite the cousins - they have their issues too, he may not want to show up. 

SwitchbladeMama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Nope, I don't.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 2, 2014 at 6:44 PM
If he was involved yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
courtseanryan
by New Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:14 PM

I invite them but they don't come. He cheated but I am the bad person and they miss everything because I am there. My dd is the only granddaughter and I asked granmother if she wanted to go prom dress shopping and she wanted dd to come to her and they would go. I said no I asked if you wanted to come so you wouldn't miss out but I am not going to not go with my dd so she said she didn't want to. I don't get it. If I don't care why should they?

SeymoreButts
by Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:16 PM
At this point no!

But who knows what the future will bring
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN