Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

confused...

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:06 AM
  • 43 Replies
so.. the guy I've been talking to, we agreed to meet next weekend. his texting has really slowed down a lot. tonight I asked him if he really wanted to come up to meet me. he said yes and asked if I wanted him to. I said yes. he said ok then, its settled im coming up :)

then I said good night to him just now and his response was...
have a good one :)

idk.. blaaaah. im just not going to text him for a while. imma wait till he texts me first. because all day today it was me initiating it all.
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Do you ever talk to him on the phone?

proudmamab09
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:19 AM
2 moms liked this

Guys are weird over text, some are more enthusiastic than others. If he says he wants to come see you then that's what he wants to do. I wouldn't read too much into the other stuff. And if he does come see you then you will know that actions speak louder than words. Just because he isn't a good texter, doesn't mean he doesn't care.

mouthyhousewife
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:20 AM
Why do all you bitches date online.
jamie101789
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:46 AM
not like I want to.. but I don't really get out much with this weather and being a single mom. I've turned to it as a last resort.. for the time being. besides it's our lives and we will.date how we want to. whether it be online or not.

Quoting mouthyhousewife: Why do all you bitches date online.
jamie101789
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:47 AM
we did once. im afraid to again because im afraid that when we do meet I wont have anything to talk about. I take care of my daughter and home all day.. not a whole lot to talk about.

Quoting virginiamama71:

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this

If you both share some common interests this is something to keep a conversation going anytime.

Quoting jamie101789: we did once. im afraid to again because im afraid that when we do meet I wont have anything to talk about. I take care of my daughter and home all day.. not a whole lot to talk about.
Quoting virginiamama71:

bluedeaj
by Deidre on Mar. 5, 2014 at 6:21 AM

I guess I'm not as big of a texter as you are.  Because I read that and see nothing wrong with it.  You said good night and he said have a good one.  Meaning, have a good night back at ya :)  Am I missing something here?  It's not like you said I love you the first time and he said 'back at ya' or something lol.

Take some deep breaths :)  Calm your nerves down a bit.  When's the last time you were in a serious relationship?  I only ask because you seem to be getting really attached, really fast, with this person and you have not met yet.  A lot of weight is being put on what they say and really, that's not the healthiest.  For you OR them.  Give yourself more credit!  You are a great person!  Of course he wants to meet you! :)

wendythewriter
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't see a problem with his response to good night. That seems like a perfectly normal, reasonable response to me.

As far as his texting slowing down tonight - maybe he's working. Or maybe he's taking care of his kids, if he has any. Or has friends or family over. There are so many perfectly logical explanations for slow texting.

It kind of seems like maybe you're expecting something from him that you shouldn't be expecting at this point. Like maybe you expect him to act like a boyfriend even though you haven't even met yet. Maybe this isn't the case, but it's how you come across to me. Maybe you come across that way to him as well and it's a little offputting.

Maybe not texting would be a good idea. Let him initiate contact when he's ready. It also might help to do some phone calls, where you can each hear tone and emotion so that you're not reading your own tones and emotions into written words.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm with blue, I don't text much either and see nothing wrong with 'have a good one'. Stop over analyzing. I get the nervousness when talking on the phone, I was the same way with my bf. My solution to it? I texted him how I hated that I was so nervous when I talked on the phone and when we were out together without the kids. Amazing how that made me less nervous for some reason.
jamie101789
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:54 PM
Lol I know. This online dating thing is new to me and its been about 2 years since ive had a serious relationship. I mean its not like I'm texting him all the time. Ill let a few hours go in between. And all I usually say is good morning, hows it going, whatcha up to.. and that's spread throughout the day. Its just weird because it used to be so much more frequent and then one day it just totally shifted. I know I am being over analytical...

Quoting bluedeaj:

I guess I'm not as big of a texter as you are.  Because I read that and see nothing wrong with it.  You said good night and he said have a good one.  Meaning, have a good night back at ya :)  Am I missing something here?  It's not like you said I love you the first time and he said 'back at ya' or something lol.

Take some deep breaths :)  Calm your nerves down a bit.  When's the last time you were in a serious relationship?  I only ask because you seem to be getting really attached, really fast, with this person and you have not met yet.  A lot of weight is being put on what they say and really, that's not the healthiest.  For you OR them.  Give yourself more credit!  You are a great person!  Of course he wants to meet you! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN