Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Summer fun??? piog

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:14 PM
  • 12 Replies

What do you ladies due to keep the kids entertained throughout the summer?

by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:17 PM

I take ds to the library and park pretty often throughout the summer

This summer I'm debating on getting season passes to Dorney Park for his birthday which will give him someting fun to do.

My best friend lives two hours away and I'm thinking about sending him there for 2 weeks. She has 4 kids so he loves going over there.

Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:44 PM
I try to go to an amusement park every summer, but last year we didn't get to go (and my older son reminds me all the time). So this summer, I'm going to make sure we go to at least one.
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:49 PM

It hasn't been in my budget, but ds always begs to go. I want to see if I can manage the season passes. Going for one day is almost as expensive as getting a season pass

Quoting Mommy2Boys0900: I try to go to an amusement park every summer, but last year we didn't get to go (and my older son reminds me all the time). So this summer, I'm going to make sure we go to at least one.

Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, that was my issue last year, it wasn't in my budget. This year, I put money aside from my tax return, so I can't let my big boy down (plus he'll never let me hear the end of it) :-)

Quoting cjsmom1:

It hasn't been in my budget, but ds always begs to go. I want to see if I can manage the season passes. Going for one day is almost as expensive as getting a season pass

Quoting Mommy2Boys0900: I try to go to an amusement park every summer, but last year we didn't get to go (and my older son reminds me all the time). So this summer, I'm going to make sure we go to at least one.

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I take my boys to the pool, park and library throughout the summer. We also go on a week long vacation to the beach with my parents every summer.
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:55 PM
We go to Washington DC which has several free places to go. We go to Baltimore (zoo, aquarium, Port Discovery Children's Museum) a couple times during the summer. It's closer but more expensive.
I'm planning to take my boys to Great Wolf Lodge this summer.
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:00 PM

I want to take ds to DC. I know he'd love it

Quoting diaperstodating: We go to Washington DC which has several free places to go. We go to Baltimore (zoo, aquarium, Port Discovery Children's Museum) a couple times during the summer. It's closer but more expensive. I'm planning to take my boys to Great Wolf Lodge this summer.

wendythewriter
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:14 AM

We do the Summer Movie Express at Regal Cinemas (9 weeks of movies, twice a week, $1/person per movie), we swim in our pool and go to the lake with friends, go fishing/boating, go bike riding (although this is usually in the morning before it gets...well, hotter than it already is at that point. lol).

I'm hoping to fit in some camping this summer.

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:54 AM

That's an amazing price for th emovies.

Quoting wendythewriter:

We do the Summer Movie Express at Regal Cinemas (9 weeks of movies, twice a week, $1/person per movie), we swim in our pool and go to the lake with friends, go fishing/boating, go bike riding (although this is usually in the morning before it gets...well, hotter than it already is at that point. lol).

wendythewriter
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, it is! And the great part is that they're all family friendly movies, and often new. This summer, there's at least 2 that aren't even out yet. They're coming out this month and next month. Others are from last year, and within the last couple of years before that. So it's a really great deal to see some rather recent releases. We love it.

Quoting cjsmom1:

That's an amazing price for th emovies.

Quoting wendythewriter:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)