Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

If you have two or more children...

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:14 AM
  • 28 Replies
I asked this question last year in another group. I am interested in how Single Moms do it.

Do you take your children to doctor/dentist/other appointments together or individually?
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:16 AM
In the beginning I took all four of my boys for a physical/doctor/eye doctor/dentist appointment at the same time. I used to be off during the summer and I would schedule the appointments in the summer so they didn't miss any school. It was hard and I eventually learned it was easier to take them separately .
diaperstodating
by Angel on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:19 AM
About three or four years ago I started taking my boys individually. Now I schedule the pediatrician and eye doctor appointments throughout the year, not just during the summer. I take two boys at a time to the dentist.
diaperstodating
by Angel on Mar. 8, 2014 at 12:31 PM
Bump
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 8, 2014 at 12:35 PM
I work in a drs office more than 2 kids at an appointment is really hard for us. I only have 1 kid but I think I would do individual for physicals so they can get 100% attention from the doctor
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 12:36 PM
Together.

I make as much happen at once as I can
Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 12:57 PM

I do all their appointments together unless my son has a neurology or ENT appointment. My daughter has been seeing Ortho a lot because she's in the process of getting braces so my son doesn't go to those. I do everything else together because it saves time and money on parking.

wendythewriter
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 2:57 PM

I have 2, and unless one of them needs to go for a specific reason (sick, injury, etc.), I usually schedule them with back to back appointments. Saves time, gas, money.

MyNameIs-
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 3:00 PM
I had to take the older one to check her eyes checked so I left the toddler with a friend. I would be able to keep the older one occupied if the the toddler needed an appointment, but not the other way around.
diaperstodating
by Angel on Mar. 8, 2014 at 3:01 PM
If I had two children I would probably schedule back to back appointments.
Bringing four kids to an appointment takes up most of the day. Everyone is old enough to stay home alone now except my youngest/five year old. I like finally having the option to take one at a time after years of taking two/three/four.
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Mar. 8, 2014 at 3:08 PM

We try to go together unless the office has an issue with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)