Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

HElP

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 5:41 PM
  • 11 Replies
So my sons dad is due to get out of prison on the 14th he got locked up for a violation for drinking to get that outbof the way anyways last time i talked to him he said when he gets a place he wants to just come pick up our son n be able to take him n i dont agree so he said whatever go to hell n that he will see me in court i feel that he should allow Alex (sons name) to get to know him by visiting before he takes him overnight
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SMomma1x3
by New Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 5:43 PM
So just wondering if anyone has been thru something similar n if anyone knows what my rights are. I found out i was pregnant while he was locked up so my son has never seen or met his dad. I dont know what my rights are..
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Is he legally dad? In other words, on the bc or through the courts? Let him take you to court, you will be able to voice your side and your opinions, so will your ex. The judge will decide. How long has dad been locked up?

LilMamaK
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree! He is probally all talk! And if he isn't on the BC than he will have to pay for DNA testing, set up child support, and pay court fees to get visitation and given his background, highly unlikely he will get over nights!

Quoting krisnkids:

Is he legally dad? In other words, on the bc or through the courts? Let him take you to court, you will be able to voice your side and your opinions, so will your ex. The judge will decide. How long has dad been locked up?

Mommy to a beautiful daughter (7.5.08), Stepmom to an amazing son(6.5.07), and Angel baby boy(3.6.10)

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 11, 2014 at 11:44 PM
I agree

Quoting LilMamaK:

I agree! He is probally all talk! And if he isn't on the BC than he will have to pay for DNA testing, set up child support, and pay court fees to get visitation and given his background, highly unlikely he will get over nights!

Quoting krisnkids:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
juliem21
by New Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:12 PM
No he cant and the court wont allow it im going though court now due to my babys dad wants conact with my lil one and i was concerned like you because she does not know him but the jugde was really nice and understood that she did not know him so he was only allowed to see her though supervisted vistition due to the fact he does not have a bond with her they would never put a child with someone that child does not feel safe with or know hope this helps

Quoting SMomma1x3: So just wondering if anyone has been thru something similar n if anyone knows what my rights are. I found out i was pregnant while he was locked up so my son has never seen or met his dad. I dont know what my rights are..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PKK
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:56 PM

You are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.  I am fighting a VERY similar battle.

There is "no existing relationship" between your son, and his Father.  Let him drag you to court.  You can ask for "supervised, therapeutic visitation" to introduce them and begin to develop a familiarity.

STICK TO YOUR GUNS! Ask that it be done at his expense, also.  Most importantly, you are doing the right thing and you must not give up.

Good Luck

SMomma1x3
by New Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:53 PM
Thanks ladies this does help I don't think well I guess I hope that he doesn't take it to the courts. No he is not legally dad he has been in for a year but has previous time he's done as well. I will not allow him to come n take my son. My son doesn't know him. But will see what happens beings how Friday is only a couple days away
woodstock525
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Why are you even communicating with him if he's been in jail?  Sorry to ask that, but unless I was interested in a relationship, I wouldn't be communicating at all with an ex-bf who was in jail or deployed or not in the area for whatever reason.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Let him take you to court if he wants to see your child. If he does then you request supervised vistis.

SMomma1x3
by New Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 10:21 AM

because i was pregnany with his child n thought it was the right thing to be doing

Quoting woodstock525:

Why are you even communicating with him if he's been in jail?  Sorry to ask that, but unless I was interested in a relationship, I wouldn't be communicating at all with an ex-bf who was in jail or deployed or not in the area for whatever reason.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN