Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

splitting the bills w/new bf

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 10:23 PM
  • 33 Replies

so, i have 2 kids & if my bf moves in, i'm wondering how the bills should be split? 50/50? which bills? house,water, electric,gas,cable/internet? what about groceries & my childcare?i've never had a live-in bf since kids & the $ issue is stressing me.

(his daughter lives out of state, he's not my kids' dad, if that matters)

by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tarynleighton
by New Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 10:27 PM
Usually just rent and utilities and cable and internet. I usually divide everything by how many people are in the house then since he is only 1 person he pays his 1 share and u pay for yours and your kids share. I hope that makes since
tarynleighton
by New Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 10:28 PM
Oh and maybe go grocery shopping together and split the bill or if u can't do that maybe he could pitch in like 150$ a month or something
star33
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 10:30 PM

we had agreed to half the bills, but not sure what all should be included. he definitely has made the grocery bill go up hanging out all the time.

Quoting tarynleighton: Oh and maybe go grocery shopping together and split the bill or if u can't do that maybe he could pitch in like 150$ a month or something

tarynleighton
by New Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 10:35 PM
I think everything household related should be split not your kids daycare expenses unless he wants to split that
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 11, 2014 at 10:41 PM
Why do you feel stressed over the money issue? Do you feel he will not be responsible and leave you paying for everything?
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 11, 2014 at 11:29 PM
Child care isn't his problem and it's nice to offer to split everything else 50/50
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Solo_Fan
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:49 AM

Everything 50/50, but you pay for your kids.

Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:35 AM

You and him should sit down and have a discussion about this. If he will be living there with you and your children...I personally think 50/50 (child care included) would be best but that's just my opinion. Don't stress yourself out over something that shouldn't be that hard to figure out. Good luck :)  

Callaly
by Jessica on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this

You guys need to talk about it, but he should not have to pay anything towards your child care as its not his children.

This summer me and my SO will be moving intogether. He doesn't have any children and I have 1. We will actually be joining bank accounts and have everything going into one account and paying everything together. I get CS and that will go into another account for DD and her daycare fees ect.. Me and SO have been together for 2+ years so we know eachother well enough and know that the living situation will be a good one and that sharing bank accounts makes the most sense for us!

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:30 AM

I am not sure why you are thinking 50/50, there are 3 of you and only one of him. Why would you expect him to contribute to your childcare? While men eat a lot more than a 5 year old, there are two kids and yourself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN