Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

ppl on pa??

KRIZZ25
i love my black men ,my rocker dudes but the only ones the love me back are babies ,old mean ..can we meet in the middle .
Yesterday at 5:20 PM
Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:56 PM
  • 16 Replies
( i,m on pa) ..any way ..do u think ppl on pa should have or due..
1-nice car.
2-nice clothing,shoes purses ext?
3-allow thar kids to do sport or dance classes stuff like that ?
4-live in big home?
5-look good?
6-have pets?
7-eat expensive food ?
8-give the kids bday parties ?
9-go have fun of any kind?
10-have a night out sometimes?
11-drink a beer once in awhile?
12 -go on vacation?

or should thay
eat only noodles,dont do nothing,have crappy car,pice of shit home,no pets,look like shit ,no parties.

no bashing...
i just get tired of ppl tell me if ur on pa u cant have shit ..u should eat this or not eat that .ur kids should not have a life or fun..i,m on pa not death row..
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:05 PM

It's none of my business. There's a woman in California who has 14 kids and is single and on PA and in trouble for it. THAT pisses me off. Jane Doe down the street who has 3 kids and is struggling to make ends meets gets to go on a weekend vacation because she was able to save up? Go for it.

sid1083
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:09 PM

I think people on PA should live like most everyone else - within their means. That varies for each person. But no one is immune to bad spending decisions.

Miss_Magnolia.
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I've never had a single person say anything to me about what I get with my pubic assistance.
Only people who are close to me know. Who around you is giving you a hard time about it?
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:41 PM
2 moms liked this

If you are tired of hearing about it what have you tried to do to move yourself out of the situation?

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

If you can afford it, within reason, I don't see why you shouldn't have nice things, look nice or work things out so that your children can have fun, do afterschool/summer activities, etc.

A friend of mine was on PA and she volunteered to clean her daughters' dance school several times a week in exchange for classes.  There ARE ways to work things out for even those who have little money of their own.

SwitchbladeMama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:04 PM
5 moms liked this

Government assistance is for people who need financial help. Bottom line.

new cars, big houses, expensive hair/nail appointments, designer clothing, vacations, alcohol/cigarettes, etc etc are all LUXURIES.

The government is not meant to provide luxuries to people.

That being said, you have to be on a certain income level to even get government assistance, and as far as I know assets have to be reported as well.

So... people who have "nice" things, but are on government assistance may be people who have received their assistance after being unemployed, yet have a nice car/home that have been paid off, or that they are somehow still able to make payments on. Have relatives, etc who have been generous enough to gift them things, or are possibly out using their food card for someone else.

I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who are dealing drugs or whatever and have a bunch of things due to all their unreported cash coming in, but seriously... unless you're spouting off on a social networking site showing off everything you have and then also talking about getting government assistance (which is just asking for backlash), no one is going to know your background at the grocery store check-out lane.

Meg2011425
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:05 PM
I get pa. But I live within my means. Alot of stuff I have for me or my son is because we've gotten things as gifts and yes I've been looked down on for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
idomatter
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this

1-nice car. --Maybe
2-nice clothing,shoes purses ext?--Maybe
3-allow thar kids to do sport or dance classes stuff like that ? -- How to afford it?
4-live in big home? -- Depends on circumstances
5-look good? -- Yes
6-have pets? --  If you can afford it?
7-eat expensive food ? -- How to afford it?
8-give the kids bday parties ? -- Yes
9-go have fun of any kind? -- If you can afford it?
10-have a night out sometimes? -- If you can afford it?
11-drink a beer once in awhile? -- Yes
12 -go on vacation? -- How to afford it?

It seems unrealistic that someone on Public Assistance could afford some of the things you put on this list. But, tax refunds could have you affording these things for a couple of weeks.

KRIZZ25
i love my black men ,my rocker dudes but the only ones the love me back are babies ,old mean ..can we meet in the middle .
Yesterday at 5:20 PM
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:34 PM
i dont thank any one she have to go wth out..ower kids deserve the best we can give them..no one should look down on any one and if u can afford it do it.
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this

1-nice car. No, most people on PA shouldn't have a nice car. There's no reason someone on PA should be driving around in a brand  new car complaining that they can't afford food
2-nice clothing,shoes purses ext? It depends. Someone on PA shouldn't have 50 pairs of $200 sneakers and buy nothing but full price name brand clothes
3-allow thar kids to do sport or dance classes stuff like that ? Sometimes you can get those classes really cheap
4-live in big home? As long as welfare isn't paying their rent and depending on their family size
5-look good? That's dumb. They should look just as upkept as non welfare recipients
6-have pets? Again it depends. They shouldn't have a million pets because pets can be expensive
7-eat expensive food ? That depends too. When I received fs I shopped sales and used coupons to ensure that we had food throughout the month. If we had steak it's because it came off the clearance meat and only cost a few dollars.
8-give the kids bday parties ? They shouldn't spend $1,000 on a party
9-go have fun of any kind? Everyone should have fun
10-have a night out sometimes? Of course the should, they're still people
11-drink a beer once in awhile? No problem with this
12 -go on vacation That money should be used to pay off debt or get into a better financial situation so you won't need fd

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)