Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How do you make time for yourself?

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:40 PM
  • 18 Replies

Do you ever get a chance to pamper yourself?  Go out with other grownups and no kids?

How do you make time to do things just for you?

by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SwitchbladeMama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

My kid's father typically takes her every Friday night and every Saturday night, so every Friday evening and all day Saturday are my "me" time. I honestly usually spend it either at home cleaning, reading, catching up on shows, etc. or sometimes I'll go to the bar with a friend. I've been doing less of that lately though.

There are situations, like the past three weeks, where he wasn't able to watch her. That's hard, because I don't have any family or support system around me here, and sometimes I just need a break. But he's watching her on a Monday night for me so I can go to a concert, and he's watched her more than his usual days before so I could go on trips, etc.

That's why I try to get along, so we can have a somewhat flexible arrangement for things like that.

Frances0923
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:19 PM

I pamper myself when my son goes with his father on the weekends

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Unless there is some activity going on, my son goes overnight Friday than again sometimes overnight Saturday so Saturday and or Sunday during the day until 4pm is my time.

teapartydiva524
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:54 PM

My ex takes my dd every Sunday and some Saturday nights.  I do a lot of at home pampering after she's in bed or even sometimes when she's awake.  She's almost 4 and likes her toes done too. lol

Jenn8604
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Since I'm laid off and not even finding a minimum wage job I spend time to myself while he's in school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zumbanerd
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I get every other Saturday to Sunday afternoon to myself. So that's when I normally take the time. But if I want to go out on a Friday night I have someone to babysit my daughter. I also go to work early so that I can get to the gym before picking up my daughter from daycare.

happynewyorker
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

A tweezers and magnified mirror allows me to pamper myself this way.  When my daughter is with her dad, I will stay a bit late to catch up on work or wait for a friend and take the railroad home together.  If not, when she's not home I'll go grocery shopping, clean the apartment do laundry and then I get to relax and watch shows that I recorded on my DVR. 

I'm at work so that's my socializing with grownups.  Taking the railroad to and from work gets me a 1/2 each way to read a book.  That's what I consider my me time. 

Caramel824
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 3:43 PM

sleighi disappear!!!!!!!!!!!!

steviechick
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 4:23 PM

I get my hair colored and meet-up with my gal pals whenever they are available.  When you do have time - always take advantage of it. 

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:36 PM

I rarely take time for myself. If I wat to I could ask my ex, mom, brother, or sister to watch him depending on who's doing what

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)