Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

dating another race?

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 1:35 AM
  • 60 Replies
what would u do if ur child dated someone from another race ?( no bashing )
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
teapartydiva524
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 2:30 AM
4 moms liked this

As long as that person treats her well and she's happy I don't care what race they are.

RainyMorning28
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:23 AM

I don't care. I would date outside my ethnicity.

RalphsMommy123
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:01 AM
2 moms liked this
It wont bother me at all. Most of my family is currently dating out of their race. I have bi-racial cousins and my cousin's wife is white. My brother on the other hand only dates white girls because he isn't attracted to black girls anymore. I dont know why. As long as my brother doesn't drill in my son's head that black girls are not worth dating and my son is able to make his own choice then I'll be fine with whoever he dates.
Callaly
by Jessica on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes of course.

My DD is bi-racail. I am italian and my SO is jamacian.. its our normal.

KREX0914
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:35 AM

I would do the same thing I do every night, Pinky. Try to take over the world.

My family is very open. I have all aunts. They each married into a different race; Indian, Native American, Mexican, and Italian. My step sister has 5 children from 5 different fathers; African-American, Mexican, Asian, Indian and Caucasian.

We are very accepting people.

Carolynishappy
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I have no problems with that. I'm dating a black guy and we have a baby on the way. :) I was raised to look past color and see the person for who they are and that's how I raise my son and once this girl is here that's how I will raise her. :)

*^*Carolyn*^* 

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:10 AM
3 moms liked this

I was married to a person of another race, whiter than white and hispanic. My kids if you want to get technical are Irish, German, Mexican and Indian Americans. More commonly referred to as American.

The only "race" I might have a problem with them dating is purple. Brown and white combination are some absolutely gorgeouls babies. But brown white and purple? I'd be afraid of spotting. :)

LilMamaK
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Not a dang thing. My DD is biracial. If either of my kids wanted to date another race, that's fine with me! As long as he/she treats them right... who cares of they are purple!

Mommy to a beautiful daughter (7.5.08), Stepmom to an amazing son(6.5.07), and Angel baby boy(3.6.10)

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
If she is treating him right who cares what she is
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KREX0914
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Surprisingly, a lot of people still care. Once someone asked me if I had ever dated outside of my race and before I could answer someone in my family popped off with "No. White is right." I didn't even know how to respond to that.

Quoting LifeCafe42: If she is treating him right who cares what she is

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN