Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

And in the end....

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:21 AM
  • 7 Replies
"We all get what we deserve..." My mom quoted last week while i was scrambling to get my financial info together for my child support hearing. I was so nervous, but felt relief to getting a step closer to getting this all over with. CSED wanted me to send all this info to them by the 14th. I turned it in & my caseworker said "see you the 31st..." (Hearing set for march 31st). Yesterday afternoon, i got a letter in the mail... Know & behold it was the official child support order!DD's dad finally admitted paternity & we dont have to go to court! It was a long road coming, but it was all worth it so DD can have better. Its just sad that he never wanted to be apart of her life. I definitely gave him the chance to have a relationship with her.
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:54 AM
2 moms liked this

If you've given him the chance to have a relationship with her...you've done what you were supposed to do. You can't make him be in her life. So at this point, continue raising her and loving her to the best of your ability. I'm glad you didn't have to deal with going to court and all that. It sucks!

Callaly
by Jessica on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:20 AM

As long as you gave him the chance.. then you haven't done anything wrong, I have learned you can't force people to do something they want nothing to do with.

Congrats on not having to go to court, and I am sure that it is a weight lifted off your shoulders!

heather77g
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:09 AM

you have done all you could to get him to have a relationship with her, so you can relax to know you did everything you could. I am glad that he finally came around to state he was her father.. (Sorry but he is a piece of work for sure..)  You and your daughter are better off without him.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:15 AM

Awesome! Congrats

Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Thank u, im glad I didnt have to go. Only God knows what i wouldnt have said to him in that courthouse!I know, its definitely his loss. DD is such an amazing kid!

Quoting Nisha929:

If you've given him the chance to have a relationship with her...you've done what you were supposed to do. You can't make him be in her life. So at this point, continue raising her and loving her to the best of your ability. I'm glad you didn't have to deal with going to court and all that. It sucks!

Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 2:54 PM
Yeah i was never trying to push it on him, but i did encourage room for a relationship with his child ya know?and thank u, it definitely is a relief not to go!

Quoting Callaly:

As long as you gave him the chance.. then you haven't done anything wrong, I have learned you can't force people to do something they want nothing to do with.

Congrats on not having to go to court, and I am sure that it is a weight lifted off your shoulders!

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:42 PM

As long as you've given him the opportunity then it will look bad on him. It's great that he finally admitted paternity so you won't have to waste that time in court.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN