Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I bought my first house yesterday

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:47 PM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

I bought my first house yesterday,I was renting all my life and knew it was time.My Uncle George buys,flips and sells houses.He shown me 4 other houses,I did not like them at all and one was already sold.Saw I was prepared and I had a budget.He finally shown me a repo house he bought 5 monthes ago which was flipped doing minor repairs.I loved the location,is across my twin brother Matt's house.Plus I was saying "I love" a lot,has a 2 car garage I wanted storing my motorcycle,a 2007 Harley Davidson 883 Sportster.Loved the master bedroom and bathroom.Lots of room in the master bedroom with closet space.The master bathroom has two sinks so my future new SO has his own sink to do his things.Finally My Uncle George gave me an offer I could not turn down,I said deal and we shook hands.Sign papers on Monday and he is going to have one minor issue fixed.His painter forgot to paint a small spot in one bedroom which will be my daughter's room.I am excited and my twin brother Matt is cool about having me as a neighbor,brings us together more.

by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmother5946
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:50 PM
How exciting! Congratulations!
haileyj1
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:56 PM

He had it listed for $185,000.00 and gave me an offer of $170,000.00.Plus I wanted a big back yard,I love to entertain having family and friends over.has this with good sized deck.leaves me money to put in a bonfire spot,part of the back yard is not finished for this reason.Going to put in a bar in the basement also.

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:56 PM
Congratulations!
RonaH
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Congrats! I am working on getting there soon. I will be jumping for joy. Must be a great feeling!

haileyj1
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:18 PM

It is a great feeling,I can put the rent money towards something else after I move in.

TeamRRsmom
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:23 PM
Congratulations! This is a huge accomplishment, I bought my house back in 2008 and I totally know the feeling. Enjoy!
superdivamom727
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Congratulations !!!!! im happy for you !!!!.... lol no more throwing your money way on rent !!! woohoo :)

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 25, 2014 at 11:57 PM
Congrats!!!! So exciting!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jinxmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Congrats!

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Congratulations!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN