Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

PIOG. IS 43 TO OLD FOR 35

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:34 AM
  • 33 Replies
I'm so sick of people telling me that a 43 year old man is too old for me! I am 35 years of age!! I am well capable enough to take care of me and my damn child! I got my own house WHICH in fact some 43 year old don't have! I'm so sick of hearing this mess!! I am 5 years from 40 and am not a little girl! I have been around and know a lot of things by now... But it's okay for a woman in her 40's to date or marry a man in his 50's! Such a double standard!

repo

by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lightoftheworld
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I dont think its too old. I am about to turn 32 and I would date someone in their 40s if he was the right guy for me
Jkia1boy
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:43 AM
Right! An old fling called me I guess to rekindle. Of course I'm not interested. Just want to be friends. Well we're talking and out the blue he ask me "how old was I again" I tell him and then he makes u this lame excuse that his child was on the other line and that'll he call me back. I think he was offended by my age!

Quoting lightoftheworld: I dont think its too old. I am about to turn 32 and I would date someone in their 40s if he was the right guy for me
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 6:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think so. My bf is 7 years older than me. My bil is 12 years older than my sister. My dad was 9 years older than my mom.

Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 6:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Its an 8 year difference so I don't see the big deal. Maybe its because my man and I are 6 years apart (I'm 33 and he's 39). I mean its not like you're 17 and he's 25. Live your life for YOU and don't worry about what others say. If you and your child are happy...that's all that matters.

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I would never date someone more than 10yrs younger or older than me. So no it is not too old. I am 38 & my BF is 43.
MommyChance
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 6:55 AM
1 mom liked this
He's not too old for you. That's crazy!
Jkia1boy
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:45 AM
Now I would not date anyone 6-10 years younger because I do not feel they already for what I am ready for. The reason I know because I've tried it. Now, I tend to go older because I feel that most men by that are established and ready to settle down.

Quoting CampClan: I would never date someone more than 10yrs younger or older than me. So no it is not too old. I am 38 & my BF is 43.
Jkia1boy
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:50 AM
I know! We are both born in the 70's so come from the same era. I think some of my siblings want to control because they are in their late 40's and feel that I shouldn't talk to someone in their 40's but unfortunately the men in their 30's aren't quite ready for what I am ready for!

Quoting MommyChance: He's not too old for you. That's crazy!
Callaly
by Jessica on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:05 AM

The only time that an age gap really makes a huge difference is when its teens and adults like 17 and 25 (to me thats weird) but I am 25 and SO is 33 and we are right on point...

Men mature slower then women...

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Not too old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN