Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What are you looking for?

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:41 AM
  • 30 Replies

The dating multiple people got me thinking. What are you looking for in dating? Fun? Marriage? Fwb? Getting out?

by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:44 AM

I want to get remarried so when I look at a date I am looking at a potential partner. I am not young, I am 40 so I don't want to waste my dating "time". I have gone on quite a few first dates, it may sound callous but if I am not attracted to them, they do not share my faith or are just not compatable with me then I do not bother with a second date.

Callaly
by Jessica on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:49 AM

I was looking for someone to date and just get out and have fun and then I met SO. Hes a few years older then me so he was looking for serious. I now am happy that I have my life partner. I say life partner because its not likely that we will get married in the next 10 years, but we will buy a house together and have children together but marriage would be a thought.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:50 AM

If I meet someone I am looking to remarry.

Heath77
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I am looking for a man who will eventually become my boyfriend and then my husband. I met two guys recently who I really like since I am really picky and one guy pressured me for sex afterwards after meeting for drinks briefly on a Saturday and coffee on Sunday morning. That Monday he was already wanting to come over for sex. Then I meet one guy on Sunday. I think great we are looking for the same things. Then the idiot asks me in a text to send him pics of me in a bikini. I said I don't have recent ones and he begged me to take some. I was appalled. I thought he was different. I am not looking for any of this so I hope a nice man will find me. I guess I need to start going to church. I need someone who respects me. All these guys say they want a long term relationship yet actions speak louder than words.
wendythewriter
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:01 AM

If I were to date right now, it would be a combination of fun, getting out and marriage. My ultimate goal would be marriage, but I would want someone that I could have fun with, that I enjoy getting out with, that I don't find myself wishing I'd stayed home to read instead.

I wouldn't ditch someone after the first date because they don't seem like marriage material, necessarily. But I would definitely have some high expectations and if they don't indicate they can meet them after the first few dates, they'd be gone.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:10 AM

That is such a relationship killer. Some people are so either sex-crazed or so worried about the outside rather than what a person is truly like on the inside. Church sounds like a good start.

Quoting Heath77: I am looking for a man who will eventually become my boyfriend and then my husband. I met two guys recently who I really like since I am really picky and one guy pressured me for sex afterwards after meeting for drinks briefly on a Saturday and coffee on Sunday morning. That Monday he was already wanting to come over for sex. Then I meet one guy on Sunday. I think great we are looking for the same things. Then the idiot asks me in a text to send him pics of me in a bikini. I said I don't have recent ones and he begged me to take some. I was appalled. I thought he was different. I am not looking for any of this so I hope a nice man will find me. I guess I need to start going to church. I need someone who respects me. All these guys say they want a long term relationship yet actions speak louder than words.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:13 AM
Quoting wendythewriter:

If I were to date right now, it would be a combination of fun, getting out and marriage. My ultimate goal would be marriage, but I would want someone that I could have fun with, that I enjoy getting out with, that I don't find myself wishing I'd stayed home to read instead.

I wouldn't ditch someone after the first date because they don't seem like marriage material, necessarily. But I would definitely have some high expectations and if they don't indicate they can meet them after the first few dates, they'd be gone.

For me if we are considering marriage material than they have to be fun. I couldn't stand having a boring life just because I am married. Bf and I are playing airsoft with the kids, its a blast! One of the best parts of playing is that I can see how he is in real life rather than just on a date.

Heath77
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:23 AM
I agree. Thank you.

Quoting krisnkids:

That is such a relationship killer. Some people are so either sex-crazed or so worried about the outside rather than what a person is truly like on the inside. Church sounds like a good start.

Quoting Heath77: I am looking for a man who will eventually become my boyfriend and then my husband. I met two guys recently who I really like since I am really picky and one guy pressured me for sex afterwards after meeting for drinks briefly on a Saturday and coffee on Sunday morning. That Monday he was already wanting to come over for sex. Then I meet one guy on Sunday. I think great we are looking for the same things. Then the idiot asks me in a text to send him pics of me in a bikini. I said I don't have recent ones and he begged me to take some. I was appalled. I thought he was different. I am not looking for any of this so I hope a nice man will find me. I guess I need to start going to church. I need someone who respects me. All these guys say they want a long term relationship yet actions speak louder than words.

Heath77
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:26 AM
I agree. I told him that I look for what is on the inside and how someone treats me. Of course the guy has to be attractive and we have to have good chemistry, but we already met in person and i have pics on line in sleeveless dresses so he's seen almost eveything.

Quoting Heath77: I agree. Thank you.

Quoting krisnkids:

teapartydiva524
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I would like to get remarried someday.  Right now I'm just enjoying my life, my dd, and my boyfriend.  I love him but I also love having my own space.  It's been a really nice balance for me and I'm in no hurry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)