Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

my life is an episode of maury..... *worst nightmare*

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:39 AM
  • 15 Replies

I just found out that my one year old son was the result of a one night stand. The DNA test done with my ex-boyfriend from that time was negative. I have very little information about this man that I only met like twice. I do have his current cell phone number. He would not answer calls but he did answer a text message that I sent. The short text conversation that we had basically ended with him stating that he will not agree to a DNA test. I was able to do a little detective work online and get his full name, old address and his birth date. Is this all the DCS will need to research him? I really hope so.  If anybody has any experience with situation like this I would really appreciate the help. 

by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenn8604
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:41 AM
That and his phone number and yes they can find him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arkmomma06
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 1:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck
Pooge
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 6:40 PM
Yeah good luck! Not sure if you can be forced to do DNA? Just give them the info...and keep practicing safe sex if you sleep around.
neveragain17
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:35 PM
If you know where he works now or where he worked before, that will help too
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 27, 2014 at 11:49 PM
Yes and his phone number you will probably have to pay for paternity test
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liz1129
by New Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 1:26 AM
dealing with the state of tennessee and i live in washington now which makes it even harder.
motherof3LW
by New Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:06 AM
In my state if you file for child support a DNA test is mandatory if the father didn't not sign the birth certificate. Good luck it may take a while.
mommaJewels2011
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:19 AM
Ugh, you poor thing! Everyone makes mistakes. I think you'll just have to contact DHS and have your fingers crossed they can help. Are you looking for a DNA test for child support?
LilMamaK
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:46 AM

When I filed for child support, all I knew was my ex's name, b-day, phone #. That was it! They found him in a weeks time! I think you have more than enough info and a judge can MAKE him take a DNA test. Don't stress hun!

Mommy to a beautiful daughter (7.5.08), Stepmom to an amazing son(6.5.07), and Angel baby boy(3.6.10)

Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:58 PM

If you go on state assistance it is manadatory you identify the dad. The state is going to pursue him for support. You might as well tell him that if he is the father there really is no way around it. He may eventually be declared the father by default if he refuses DNA. Does he want that?Geez use a condom during sex with guys you dont know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)