Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I don't know how to date as a single mom.

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:41 PM
  • 17 Replies

The minute I got pregnant I knew my dating life was over for awhile. How do you date as a single parent? I can't afford a babysitter  to go out on dates. My dd dad is not in the picture so no eow deal either. I see my friends date while being a single parent and even remarry, how? 

by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:47 PM

I am not dating but if I did it would be when my son goes for overnight visits with his father.

If his father was not around, I would ask one of my cousins to watch him. And depending on how things progress maybe even send him to one of my brother's for the weekend.

You can ask your friend's to babysit for you when you want to go out.

Who watches their children when they go out?

Flylady14
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Well, my one coworker doesn't go out . I mean no family around means the kids go with us. We do mommy things with the kids or I have married friends that have husbands and I have another friend who has a eow situation. But not everyone goes out with out their children, that is my issue. I did take aclass and my friend watched my dd. so that is a possibility. 

AdriaJean
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 11:47 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm a single mother, I ask family to watch my daughter when I go on dates. I'm pretty lucky that my family is accepting of me dating! Just keep your head up! You never know what will happen!
Flylady14
by Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 2:13 AM

Yeah. I know but I have no family around here . My dd is with her grandparents but that has not happened since oct. I haven't been out alone while she was with me since oct. I will try to look on the positive. 

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 6:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Some people swap kids so they can go out. You watch friends kids this weekend friend watches yours next weekend.
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Mar. 29, 2014 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a massive support system of friends and family.  I don't get out much, really.  I work full time, as do my parents, so I am often hesitant to ask them to take her overnight (they usually have to ask me or suggest it so I can get some time to myself).

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you have any friends that can watch her? Maybe offer to watch a friend's kid in exchange for them to watch yours.

Flylady14
by Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Yeah. I have a friend in the area. I am relatively new to this area so I don't trust many people here. We shall see how it happens when and if it happens. 

heather77g
by Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Do you have any family that can help you? Or even see if your friends would be willing to help for maybe a date night? 

Flylady14
by Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 6:46 PM

My family is 4 hrs away in a different state. It hasn't happened yet but if I do decide to go on a date I will ask a friend. We shall see. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)