Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any ideas? ?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:07 AM
  • 8 Replies
Hey everyone! So my daughter will be turning 1 on May 30. I know i still have about 2 months but i am going to start planning, mainly because i am so excited! :) I am going to do a Minnie Mouse theme, and most likely have it at a park that way it will be outside and not have to worry about space. I am curious on if anyone else could help me with ideas on what you do for a 1st birthday?? I don’t want it to be to extreme because i honestly feel it’s ridiculous if you go all crazy but that is my own opinion :) I thought about a bounce house but for the amount it cost to rent it i figured i would wait tip my daughter gets older so she can enjoy it to, my other ideas were maybe a piñata, bbq, and other then that i am clueless. Should i plan games? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :)
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Nisha929
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not a fan of going all out for first birthdays so my suggestion is to just keep it simple and small. A bouncy house for a 1 year old imo is too much. Have a little something at a park or your house. Get a cake, some snacks, invite a few family members/friends and call it a day. Just my opinion though. For my daughters first birthday she just had a cake and ice cream. She doesn't even remember that. I didn't do anything for my son's first birthday because he had too much going on with his health.  

cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:26 AM
2 moms liked this

I kept it simple for ds's first birthday because he won't remember it. We just had food and cake with family and a couple friends.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:44 AM

same here.

Quoting cjsmom1:

I kept it simple for ds's first birthday because he won't remember it. We just had food and cake with family and a couple friends.

LifeCafe42
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:04 PM
If you are having kids there maybe a piñata but honestly first parties food drinks and cake
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaddyMay22
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:33 PM
Okay that's what I was thinking! I feel why should I go all out when she won't remember it? ? I figured I would have it at a park make a cake, snack, and we would just do presents and let the other kids play on the playground. Just wanted to see if I was like the only one to mot do really anything for a first birthday lol
Callaly
by Jessica on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:53 AM

If there are going to be alot of kids there.. depending on their ages you would probably plan most of the games/activities around them because honestly your DD is only 1 and she won't be remembering any of it anyways lol

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:58 AM

First birthdays are a fun event. Most of the time the kids that are being invited tend to have a lot of different ages not to mention the adults. A few things that I can think of. Bubble machines are always a blast for little ones, pinatas of course just make sure there's enough supervision, first cakes are a blast for little ones to dig into but it being in a park a cupcake might be a better idea for her. If its a warm day water toys would be fun for all ages.

One thing I do caution against is to leave the booze at home. Summer time, parks, parties tends to make people want to drink. For some its okay but to me its just looking for a problem to have people drinking at a 1 yo's bday party.

MaddyMay22
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this
There will be NO alcohol there lol I do not drink nor do I want alcohol around my daughter lol

Quoting krisnkids:

First birthdays are a fun event. Most of the time the kids that are being invited tend to have a lot of different ages not to mention the adults. A few things that I can think of. Bubble machines are always a blast for little ones, pinatas of course just make sure there's enough supervision, first cakes are a blast for little ones to dig into but it being in a park a cupcake might be a better idea for her. If its a warm day water toys would be fun for all ages.

One thing I do caution against is to leave the booze at home. Summer time, parks, parties tends to make people want to drink. For some its okay but to me its just looking for a problem to have people drinking at a 1 yo's bday party.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)