Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom with 2 children

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:50 PM
  • 7 Replies
So this is my first time coming on this site. But I need advice on what to do. So my husband told me a few months ago that he is not in love with me. We have been married for 11 years. I know that couples fall in and out of love. So we have been trying to work on it. After 3 months he sometimes still seems very uncomfortable around me. So today I asked him how he was feeling about us. I am pretty sure that he is ready to leave, just having a hard time doing it. .... I just wish I knew what to do. I have a son and daughter. I only make about $38 a year. In South Florida that is nothing.
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
superdivamom727
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:00 PM
Lol did you mean $38,000/yr ...??? Where in south Florida are you located !!! I just moved from Tampa last year and you can live there with out much hassle !! You may have to downsize on few things though !!
AJsMom81507
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:14 PM

child support,  how old are the kids?  south florida i guess depending where exactly is pretty cheap to live.

there are so many things you need to take into consideration... 

good luck, it is scary at first, but you will get the hang of it

dawncs
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Have you thought of babysitting for others at your home? I recommend http://www.sittercity.com/ and http://www.care.com/. I also recommend filing for child support tomorrow to file for child support to make sure he financially supports you all. There is probably a reason for why he is feeling this way.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:28 PM

have you been working on it thru counseling or just working on hoping everything will change?

Oliviasmom72
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

If you make 38k a year then you make a decent income anywhere except for NYC and LA. Start planning an exit strategy. Maybe ask your husband if he is willing to go to marriage counselling. If he is not then honestly not sure it makes much sense to stay in a marriage when the other person is unwilling to help fix it.

Try to be civil. Me and my ex did. Maybe give it a few months and then talk to him about a civil amicable split. Who keeps what, google the child support guidelines in your state. Depending on his income he may or may not owe spousal support. Most family courts offer mediation so attorney fees will do neither of you any good. Remember the kids, they are the ones that will suffer the most in this despite how upset you are. The better you and Dad get along the happier your kids will be, that I promise you. Good luck

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Go online and find out an estimate of what you would be getting for child support. I didn't think I could do it but I do alright with 4.

Monsita
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:07 PM
So sorry!
It is not a big issue if he does not loves you as he used to. However if he is not willing to do wahtever it takes to love you again and even more, than he used to, then there is nothing you can do, to make him change his mind.

Being educated in your State law, will help you to protect yourself and your kids in court. Please investigate and search the internet.
Best of luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)