Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I don't know what to do anymore.......

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:06 AM
  • 19 Replies

My family and I moved in together because I didn't have enough income to sustain my daughter myself and my then fiance. my ex got a job and then three weeks later I get one and he loses his. Following that he cheats on me and I kick him out and have been trying to sustain myself and my daughter on my parttime delivery driver job and welfare benefits. My parents have now decided that they want to move to a town that is 30 minutes from where we live and I work and have told me that I don't have a choice. I don't have my own car and have been using theirs WITH their permission but now they are telling me to quit my job and move with them because it would be beneficial to me...... quitting my job is beneficial to me...... how?? I dont have any say in anything anymore, not how I raise my daughter, where I live, When I wake up? when I shower nothing I feel so lost right now and idk what to do....

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nana776
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:12 AM

I'm so sorry you are going through this. Is there any way you could talk to your mananger and maybe work inside and maybe get more hours?

Do you have any friends who could share an apartment with you?

I don't know, Hun, I hope somebody has an idea that works for you. ((((HUGS))))

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:27 AM

You can apply for other jobs in the area you will be living.

Marie207
by New Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:44 AM

You only feel like that because you are living under some ones eles roof.  You don't have to quit your job, you can stay get an apartment and pay your own rent off your JOB, that you do not want to leave.  Trust me you will find another job.  Your parents move is exactly what you need, to get away from the boyfriend that is no good and can not and will not ever be able to support you and the child.  Trus and vbeleive he will always loose  jobs.  I dont even know him and can tell he is a bumb.  any man that hqs to move in with his woman's mom and dad is so so sorry.

Marie207
by New Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:55 AM

can you pay rent electric gas phone food and toliteeries without your parents?  Why do you think quitting your PART TIME job that as you said, does not give you enought income to sustain your self or your daughter.  Are you a retart or what.  Your parents thinks you are im sure.  The only thing they told you wrong was you dont have a choice.  Yes you do , get the father to pay you child support and get a full time job that will pay the bills, other than that you should be glad your parents are willing to drag you and your problems along with them.  I feel for them.  You do not want to leave because of the boyfriend, which you should leave and stay gone.

proudmother5946
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Marie207:

can you pay rent electric gas phone food and toliteeries without your parents?  Why do you think quitting your PART TIME job that as you said, does not give you enought income to sustain your self or your daughter.  Are you a retart or what.  Your parents thinks you are im sure.  The only thing they told you wrong was you dont have a choice.  Yes you do , get the father to pay you child support and get a full time job that will pay the bills, other than that you should be glad your parents are willing to drag you and your problems along with them.  I feel for them.  You do not want to leave because of the boyfriend, which you should leave and stay gone.

Your reply was uncalled for. And to call someone a derogatory name such as a "retart" and say her family thinks she is? If your going to insult someone, learn to spell and use proper grammer.
You should be ashamed of yourself.
Karmahappens
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:24 AM

The reality of it is this. Unless you can earn enough to pay for an apartment (or get a section 8 voucher) you are kind of stuck. HOWEVER since your job is not one that can't be easily replaced-why would you stay when you can't afford to?

I am not sure how everyone thinks you can actually make neds meet with a part time minimum wage job.

Most areas have waits for section 8 vouchers and there are usually waiting lists for public housing also.

YOu need a plan to better your life.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Start applying at other jobs now where you're parents will be moving. It will be benificial to move right now towards them they help you a lot
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teapartydiva524
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow.  You're kind of a bitch.  Didn't your parents teach you that if you can't say something nice to keep your mouth shut?

Quoting Marie207:

bubblesco06
by New Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:01 PM
I'm kind of in the same boat. I live with my mom and my daughter. I'm going to school so I can't work as much as I'd like so I'm basically living off of my financial aid. My mom plans to move soon and I will have to move with her until I graduate and can afford to move out on my own. But I don't mind so much because my mom babysits when I have to work, but my dd is in daycare when I go to school. And I only have to pay a portion of the rent and 2 bills. It's so much cheaper than living on my own right now. I think you'll find that life is a bit easier when u have so much help. Just hang in there and you'll get through this tough patch :)
TrulyMicka
by New Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Hello...I'm Micka & new to the group")) Are you using your parents car to do the deliveries in? If so then you might have to look for a new job anyway. Especially since they only let you drive with their permission.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)