Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

My dad did something for me today that makes me want to cry!

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:09 PM
  • 18 Replies
4 moms liked this

I've been struggling trying to find work. From being ignored after being offered a job to endless amounts of applications, nothing has worked out. Then, today I find out I may not be getting child support for a good long while. Financially, I'm hurting. Yes, I live with my parents and I have their full support, financially and otherwise, but I prefer getting dd things with my own money. 

After telling my dad over a phone call about the child support situation, he tells me "I have good news for you tonight. We will talk about it when I get home."

He gets home and tells me that starting Monday, I have a temporary position at his credit union. The job is simple, possibly minimum wage, and will last 30 days, possibly two months max, but it'll definitely help me seeing as how I'm in need of cash. It'll give me a little experience and some breathing room while I continue my job search.

I love my parents more than words can explain. They do so much for dd and I...mom is even taking me shopping this weekend for some professional attire. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this

That is wonderful!  I hope you are able to use this as a stepping stone to future employment.  Any experience is a gain.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

This is wonderful news. I wish you the best

brittybby2010
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

It'll help me immensely. Hopefully I'll get something good for after the temporary period is up, probably a call center or something. I need something to help me save up money to move dd and I somewhere I can find a great job. 

Quoting MandaMom23:

That is wonderful!  I hope you are able to use this as a stepping stone to future employment.  Any experience is a gain.

CafeMom Tickers
MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I am hoping the best for you.  This is definitely a step in the right direstion and could be the boost that you need.

Quoting brittybby2010:

It'll help me immensely. Hopefully I'll get something good for after the temporary period is up, probably a call center or something. I need something to help me save up money to move dd and I somewhere I can find a great job. 

Quoting MandaMom23:

nurse1997
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Awww that is so nice ;)

teapartydiva524
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:34 PM

That's great news!  It's wonderful that you have such supportive parents.  Any chance it could lead to a permanent position?

brittybby2010
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Sadly, no. I'll be inputting information into a program and scanning some papers, and in about two months they're going to have a mechanical system set up to do the job I'll be doing. 

Quoting teapartydiva524:

That's great news!  It's wonderful that you have such supportive parents.  Any chance it could lead to a permanent position?

CafeMom Tickers
teapartydiva524
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Darn.  That's still fantastic though. I'm so happy for you :)

Karen24
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 5:27 AM
That's great! Hopefully it's the start of good things to come.
justone_jen
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 5:30 AM
That's so awesome of your dad. :) Good luck to you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN