Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Welcome to Single Moms! Say 'Hi' & Meet Other Members Here!

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:46 PM
  • 216 Replies
4 moms liked this

wave  Welcome to the Single Moms group!

This is a great place to find support, advice and friendship from other single moms like you!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. What's your name (or what would you like to be called)?
  2. How many children do you have? How long have you been a single mom?
  3. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied here, say hello to the other moms who've replied!
"Quote" their replies so they know you're talking to them. You can "Like" their replies as well.

bowing down  Amy

PS - Here are some helpful links: 

by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cindi_m2
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 4:46 PM
8 moms liked this
Hello my name is cindi i am a single mother of two since day one .. it has been hard but not economically but emotionally ... i hope and looking forward finding sunhle parents going throu the same share opinions and advice ...any suggestions are welcome ...thank you
Erin_nel_mom
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:52 AM
6 moms liked this
Hi! I'm Erin. I have 3 children all boys. I have been divorced for almost three years now but I do have a boyfriend. The father of my children has up and moved 3000miles away... It has been really hard because I don't know what to do. My kids are upset but only when they have to talk to their father. Their day to day life is great, they are happy and my boyfriend is great with them. They are all buddies.... I have been struggling with a lot because on top of my ex just leaving, he also hasn't paid me any child support. I'm trying to do everything I can do and I've been really lucky to have great family and friends around but it's not like they can help with everything. I really just need to vent because life is stressful lol
irishprincess64
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:53 AM
4 moms liked this
Hi my name Mandi been single mom since always the sperm donor as I call him left me while was 5 months prego in 07. Its been tough especially since I have epilepsy and my son was recently diagnosised with adhd bipolar n seizures to but wouldn't trade being mother for anything. So at times feel alone
eshankin23
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:48 PM
5 moms liked this

Hi my name is Emily.  I have 2 daughters ages 5 & 1.  I've been divorced from my oldest daughters father for 2.5 years now and the father of my youngest (my ex fiance) is a dead beat heroin addict currently in jail... so I've basically been a single mom since my divorce.  I got laid off from my job in January and since I get unemployment decided to take some time to be a stay at home mom for a couple of months before going back to the grind.  I just felt like my girls could use some mommy time since we've been through so much.  My ex husband is an excellent father to his daughter... but I feel so alone with my youngest daughter not having the same love and affection from her father.  I just don't want to feel alone anymore and would love to meet other moms like me.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:10 PM

Hi Cindi, welcome to the group!  I agree that it can be emotionally hard being a single mom, but it helps to have a good support system.

How old are your children?

Quoting Cindi_m2: Hello my name is cindi i am a single mother of two since day one .. it has been hard but not economically but emotionally ... i hope and looking forward finding sunhle parents going throu the same share opinions and advice ...any suggestions are welcome ...thank you

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Hi Erin, welcome!

It sounds like your kids have adjusted well, overall, but have you considered counseling for them?  Also, it sounds like you need to file contempt on your ex for his not paying child support. (((hug)))

Quoting Erin_nel_mom: Hi! I'm Erin. I have 3 children all boys. I have been divorced for almost three years now but I do have a boyfriend. The father of my children has up and moved 3000miles away... It has been really hard because I don't know what to do. My kids are upset but only when they have to talk to their father. Their day to day life is great, they are happy and my boyfriend is great with them. They are all buddies.... I have been struggling with a lot because on top of my ex just leaving, he also hasn't paid me any child support. I'm trying to do everything I can do and I've been really lucky to have great family and friends around but it's not like they can help with everything. I really just need to vent because life is stressful lol

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:12 PM

Hi Mandi, welcome!  It sounds like between you and your son you have a few pretty serious health issues.  How is your son handling his new diagnosis?  Is he on any medications?

Quoting irishprincess64: Hi my name Mandi been single mom since always the sperm donor as I call him left me while was 5 months prego in 07. Its been tough especially since I have epilepsy and my son was recently diagnosised with adhd bipolar n seizures to but wouldn't trade being mother for anything. So at times feel alone

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Welcome Emily!  I'm glad you're able to spend some time with your girls before your oldest starts school and you go back to work.  What kinds of things do you like to do together?

Quoting eshankin23:

Hi my name is Emily.  I have 2 daughters ages 5 & 1.  I've been divorced from my oldest daughters father for 2.5 years now and the father of my youngest (my ex fiance) is a dead beat heroin addict currently in jail... so I've basically been a single mom since my divorce.  I got laid off from my job in January and since I get unemployment decided to take some time to be a stay at home mom for a couple of months before going back to the grind.  I just felt like my girls could use some mommy time since we've been through so much.  My ex husband is an excellent father to his daughter... but I feel so alone with my youngest daughter not having the same love and affection from her father.  I just don't want to feel alone anymore and would love to meet other moms like me.

TRAMANE
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi I'm Nasya 33 and I have a 7yr old daughter and currently single and have been for awhile.. It's rainy today in IL and I'm waiting for my daughter to get out  of lego club:)

irishprincess64
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:03 PM
Yes and just for his adhd he has days bugs him

Quoting amonkeymom:

Hi Mandi, welcome!  It sounds like between you and your son you have a few pretty serious health issues.  How is your son handling his new diagnosis?  Is he on any medications?

Quoting irishprincess64: Hi my name Mandi been single mom since always the sperm donor as I call him left me while was 5 months prego in 07. Its been tough especially since I have epilepsy and my son was recently diagnosised with adhd bipolar n seizures to but wouldn't trade being mother for anything. So at times feel alone

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN