Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Have I failed them?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:04 PM
  • 7 Replies
Me and the father of my three children split up almost a week ago.
I am kind of feeling that me (and him) have failed our children because at best they are going to grow up in a broken home and not have thier dad around all the time but what is more likely to happen is that they are going to grow up without thier dad.
My son is nearly a week old and he hasn't met his dad and my twins haven't seen thier dad in a couple of weeks and even when they did he has never done anything with them and they don't really know him but he's still thier dad and as they grow older they are going to notice that thier friends live with both thier parents and they don't.
Really feel like I'm failing my children because I couldn't make things work with thier father.
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:08 PM
2 moms liked this

You would be failing your children if you did not love and care for them as you do. There is no gurantee in life that a child will grow up with both parents around. Death, divorce, sickness and work prevent this from happening a lot. Do your best for your children and they will be fine. If dad doesn't want to step up and be dad that is his problem.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

NO!  If you stay in a relationship that is unhappy or abusive, THAT would be failing them.  

You are not raising them in a broken home, not really.  You are raising them in a home that you've fixed because you're happier, healthier, and in turn they will be as well.

dawncs
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

You are not failing your children. They are better off with you two being split for good. Unhealthy relationships between parents living together is the worst thing in the world for your kids. It would haunt them when they were dating and in their marriages.

Monsita
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this
It is ok to wonder what if......
It is ok to question our desicions....
One thing is very important though, to remember, it takes two to tango.
It takes two to work on saving a marriage. It takes two to make a marriage work.

It takes only one LOVING PARENT to really make a positive different in their kids life. One loving parent can raise happy and confident little kids. Seems like you have what it takes to take care of them, extra love.

Hugs.
nana776
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

This, this, this!!! 

Quoting Monsita: It is ok to wonder what if...... It is ok to question our desicions.... One thing is very important though, to remember, it takes two to tango. It takes two to work on saving a marriage. It takes two to make a marriage work. It takes only one LOVING PARENT to really make a positive different in their kids life. One loving parent can raise happy and confident little kids. Seems like you have what it takes to take care of them, extra love. Hugs.

youngmomma863
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:51 PM
Thank you ladies x
true10ve
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Love this!

Quoting Monsita: It is ok to wonder what if......
It is ok to question our desicions....
One thing is very important though, to remember, it takes two to tango.
It takes two to work on saving a marriage. It takes two to make a marriage work.

It takes only one LOVING PARENT to really make a positive different in their kids life. One loving parent can raise happy and confident little kids. Seems like you have what it takes to take care of them, extra love.

Hugs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN