Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

And this is what I get for trying to be nice to my ex...smh

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:05 PM
  • 52 Replies
So we broke up around thanksgiving because he was cheating. We agreed on $1000/mo cs and Saturday-Sunday visitation for two kids. He was the one that said he would pay me 1000, I asked him what he thought he could afford. Anyway he made one payment. Then the next month he said he could only give me $850. I said ok, no problem. His hours at work can fluctuate anywhere from 0-60 hrs a week depending on the weather. If the weather is bad he doesn't work and gets no pay.

The next month after that, he gives me $750. Mind you his share of daycare by itself is $600 so that only leaves $150 to help for other expenses of 2 kids.

Yesterday, he tells me he can maybe give me $100 dollars because he hasn't been working and he needs money to live, and it's not his obligation to pay my rent and bills. What an ASS. He lives with his parents, works an unstable ass job, refuses to look for another one. He told me to go down and file cs because he doesn't make a lot and is not responsible for my household expenses because he no longer lives with me. He wants to give me half of daycare, and anything else they need like food, he'll bring it over. So basically he just doesn't want to give me any money all of a sudden now. When we lived together he was giving me way more than the agreed upon amount for rent, and he still had that job. Now all of a sudden he can't contribute because he doesn't live there and 'my bills are none of his business'

So, I'm going to file next week. I hope they order him to find a stable ft job. My fault for trying to be nice and accommodating. Learned my lesson! Just needed to vent. The fucking nerve!
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Carolynishappy
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I understand how you feel. When me and my husband split up I was bending over backwrads to be nice and accomodate him. I had moved to another town (20 mins away) but he threw a fit that wouldn't be able to see our son, so for about 2 weeks I would stay in town for about 2 hours once I got off work and wait for him to call so he could see our son. Everytime I would call and tell him I was at my parents house and he could come over he would never show up. I quit doing that. I got off work, picked DS up from daycare and went home. That was back in 2009 and to this day he hasn't paid child support and see DS once every couple of months. It's very frustrating to be nice and then the other parent just be an ass about things.

*^*Carolyn*^* 

CafeMom Tickers

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

It sucks that people think that they don't have to support their offspring. Grrrr

Mdva20082011
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:26 PM
Ugh. Does the state actually enforce if they dont pay cs? Like intercepting tax refunds, garnishing, etc? Or is that a bunch of bs? I feel like an idiot abs should have filed immediately. One thing I can say is that he adores his kids and don't see him abandoning visitation but i wouldnt put much past him right now.

Quoting Carolynishappy:

I understand how you feel. When me and my husband split up I was bending over backwrads to be nice and accomodate him. I had moved to another town (20 mins away) but he threw a fit that wouldn't be able to see our son, so for about 2 weeks I would stay in town for about 2 hours once I got off work and wait for him to call so he could see our son. Everytime I would call and tell him I was at my parents house and he could come over he would never show up. I quit doing that. I got off work, picked DS up from daycare and went home. That was back in 2009 and to this day he hasn't paid child support and see DS once every couple of months. It's very frustrating to be nice and then the other parent just be an ass about things.

Mdva20082011
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I think someone got in his ear and said, why are you giving her that much money, it's not your job to support her household! You have them every weekend! Tell her to file, you're way overpaying! Probably one of his ignorant ass friends or parents. It just came out of nowhere when we already had an understanding, and he was real cocky about it like he thinks the courts will have his back.

Quoting krisnkids:

It sucks that people think that they don't have to support their offspring. Grrrr

nana776
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not exactly sure how CS works with seasonal jobs, but couldn't you take the amount he makes on a yearly basis and divide the money out over 12 months?

And yes, he does have to help pay the household bills, that is part of what child support is for.

Mdva20082011
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:41 PM
I don't know I'm guessing they will average his last few months pay stubs or something like that. I tried to tell him that rent and utilities is part of raising kids, but he says it's my house and he shouldn't have to pay it and if if lived alone I'd still be paying the same bills. No I wouldn't because I wouldn't need at least a 2 br, and my water and electric bills would be lower. He doesn't get it because he's never lived on his own.

Quoting nana776:

I'm not exactly sure how CS works with seasonal jobs, but couldn't you take the amount he makes on a yearly basis and divide the money out over 12 months?

And yes, he does have to help pay the household bills, that is part of what child support is for.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:51 PM
It's not under his control what u use your support for as long as your kids are cared for. And you are obligated to have a bigger place to live, more food, transportation etc due to having children. So go on down and file.
nana776
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:54 PM

I would just file with the courts, argument solved. Then he has no choice unless he wants to be in contempt and go to jail.

He probably does get it, he just doesn't want to.

Good luck Mamma.

Quoting Mdva20082011: I don't know I'm guessing they will average his last few months pay stubs or something like that. I tried to tell him that rent and utilities is part of raising kids, but he says it's my house and he shouldn't have to pay it and if if lived alone I'd still be paying the same bills. No I wouldn't because I wouldn't need at least a 2 br, and my water and electric bills would be lower. He doesn't get it because he's never lived on his own.
Quoting nana776:

Mdva20082011
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:14 PM
I am. Luckily I had already put in for a day off work next week so I'm going to use that day to go down and file.

Quoting faerie75: It's not under his control what u use your support for as long as your kids are cared for. And you are obligated to have a bigger place to live, more food, transportation etc due to having children. So go on down and file.
Mdva20082011
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:18 PM
Thanks. I'm going to file next week, I'm just so pissed. I thought he'd give me at least $300 this week but now he's saying maybe $100. I was trying to be no drama but he asked for it. At least once it's official I won't have to deal with his whining and sob stories about how he's broke and needs to live.

Quoting nana776:

I would just file with the courts, argument solved. Then he has no choice unless he wants to be in contempt and go to jail.

He probably does get it, he just doesn't want to.

Good luck Mamma.

Quoting Mdva20082011: I don't know I'm guessing they will average his last few months pay stubs or something like that. I tried to tell him that rent and utilities is part of raising kids, but he says it's my house and he shouldn't have to pay it and if if lived alone I'd still be paying the same bills. No I wouldn't because I wouldn't need at least a 2 br, and my water and electric bills would be lower. He doesn't get it because he's never lived on his own.

Quoting nana776:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)