Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

reason for puking?

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:40 AM
  • 11 Replies

Third night in a row that Evelyn has vomited either middle of the night or first thing in the morning (6am today). No other symptoms and I'm seriously clueless. Did a google search and found this:

http://drbenkim.com/often-overlooked-cause-vomiting.htm

Thing is, my kid is eating. She's not going hungry but maybe she's not eating enough right now? Would a dr really be able to even diagnose this?

by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:54 AM
Hope she feels better.
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 1:13 AM

Hope she feels better

bluedeaj
by Deidre on Apr. 5, 2014 at 1:41 AM

me too. took her to urgent care this morning and the doc was clueless.  Wrote a script for amoxicillan b/c one of her ears is 'red' but said not to fill it unless she starts showing symptoms of an ear infection.  Also wrote a script for zofran but said it will only do it's 'job' if she still feels nauseous after she throws up, which she doesn't.  So it was a pretty useless visit.

She's coughing a lot right now and felt like she was going to puke but didn't :-/  I gave her some cough suppressent medicine so hopefully that kicks in asap and she doesn't end up puking it up.

Mom2DomNicLily
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 1:53 AM
Strep. My son was doing this exact same thing. Took him in rapid strep test was negative. But the culture back positive.
bluedeaj
by Deidre on Apr. 5, 2014 at 2:05 AM

only vomiting once a day was strep?  Just wanting to clarify.  Since it's been only once a day, and then totally fine.  And she actually has diarrhea at the same time.  I keep forgetting about it b/c there have been no accidents.  Cleanest 'sickness' ever.  She wakes up, has to vomit, makes her way to the bathroom, then throws up in the toilet, we flush, and then she tells she has to poop, sit her down, and it's actually diarrhea.  Then she's done and either goes back to bed or is up for the day.

Quoting Mom2DomNicLily: Strep. My son was doing this exact same thing. Took him in rapid strep test was negative. But the culture back positive.

Mom2DomNicLily
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 2:08 AM
Yes. Only once a day. Then he would be fine for a day. Vomit once again the next day, fine again the next day
deltathree
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Hope sh'es feeling better soon!

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I get very nauseous when my blood sugar gets low as well.  I was 18 when I started having episodes like this and I've learned I need to eat about every 4-5 hours to keep my blood sugars stable.  Of course, I don't eat at night but I do often have a small snack before I go to bed and I make sure to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up.

After reading through your replies to this though, it sounds more like your daughter is fighting a stomach bug than dealing with hypoglycemia.  I hope she feels better soon.

bluedeaj
by Deidre on Apr. 6, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Thanks ladies :) She didn't puke this morning, but felt like she was going to.  So at least there is that.  She didn't puke yesterday either but did have diarrhea, no diarrhea this morning.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 6, 2014 at 5:36 PM
Is she after coughing a lot?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN