Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Anyone else dealing with monster in law Madness?????

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 1:55 AM
  • 11 Replies
am I the only one who is experiencing this monster-in-law syndrome basically if you have been following me on my post I have been talking about how me and my boyfriend had a relationship crisis and how he decided to work this relationship out with me but during the time he had hid me from his family, because his family didn't want him to work stuff out with me I was getting really frustrated that he was keeping me a secret for 4 months I said if you are wanting to take me serious and work this out you need to let your family know that we're back together or I will move on he was worried that they will be all up in this business and I was like well it's time for you to man up 3 weeks ago he told his mother that he is working it out with me and his mother busted out in tears and had a lot of emotions going on with her she basically told my boyfriend if you stay with that psycho maniac bitch then you are no longer part of this family I no longer want you allowed back to my house and I no longer want to see your daughter for those who doesn't know me and my boyfriend have a daughter together she is just three years old anyways my boyfriend stood up to his mom and said Well if this is how you want it to be then so be it anyways my boyfriend was part of his moms AT&T phone account and car insurance because he wants to work out with me she basically had cut everything away from him just the other day I bought him a phone and added him to my account online I spoke about what is going on to my parents and they said its best like this your boyfriend is 30 years old he needs to start taking care of his own responsibilities and not relying on his mom, anyways the other problem that I'm having is that both me and my boyfriend were living at his uncles studio because if the relationship quizzes that occurred I am now living at my parents house anyways my boyfriends uncle found out that we're back together and he told my boyfriend that he is still allowed to live there however I am NOT allowed to be back over there and if he brings me back over there then they will kick him out so its just a lot of crap that I'm dealing with but anyways I am just wondering is anyone else there with mother-in-law crap cuz right now I feel like I'm the only one
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 1:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow.  Well, it sounds like your boyfriend is being forced to grow up.  That's a good thing.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Apr. 6, 2014 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree

Quoting amonkeymom:

Wow.  Well, it sounds like your boyfriend is being forced to grow up.  That's a good thing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cdb7519
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 5:41 PM

That's the longest run on sentence I have ever read. This is probably for the best. He should start looking for a place of his own and get a prepaid phone if he can't afford the contract ones.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

You are both old enough to work and support yourselves. If you guys really want to be together then you both need to work and get an apartment together. It's ridiculous to expect his family to support him at this age.

jessica4212011
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Well what I want to know is what the hell did you do to piss them all off and hate you. Its not like they had a resentment towards you right off the bat you had to do something to give them a reason.

Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 7:10 PM

This was very hard to read. Why does his mom dislike you so much?

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:36 PM

If this was my son I hope he would listen to Mom.... sometimes we just know. ;-)

Hello_kitty2010
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 12:48 PM
yeah that's what we're doing right now working on getting an apartment it's just that it's hard because he has bad credit and I don't have no credit my dad kind of put fear in me and basically told me never to get credit cards and how bad it could ruin my life financially but my boyfriend told me that if I don't get credit then it's going to be hard for us to get a place but we're going to keep looking and cross our fingers and pray that someone will give us a chance, but yeah I am happy that she has chose me over his family but I am sad that they decided to cut him off because it's hard on my boyfriend and he is depressed because he has been relying on his family for so long financially and his mom has been crippling him so he is finding it hard doing things on his own but yeah my mom said that this is for the best because he needs to start taking responsibilitymy mom told me not to worry about his family telling my boyfriend that they won't ever accept him back in the family there just saying that now because they're mad of his decision hope to see me over them my mom said things will get better later they're just going to have to accept the fact that you're in his life otherwise there just going to be missing out on a lot of things if they don't like missing out on seeing your daughter missing out on her birthdays and all

Quoting cjsmom1:

You are both old enough to work and support yourselves. If you guys really want to be together then you both need to work and get an apartment together. It's ridiculous to expect his family to support him at this age.

Hello_kitty2010
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 12:55 PM
but yeah I hope you understood what I was saying I'm using my voice speech feature but yeah my mom basically said that his family has to accept you and their sons / brothers life because if they don't then they will be missing out on a lot of things it's a blessing that your boyfriends giving you a chance and wanting to work on this relationship with you so you could keep your family together the fact that his mom doesn't want him to work out with you is just wrong. its not her decision its her sons decision, they're just going to have to accept the fact that she chose you over them and have to accept the fact that if they want to be part of his life they need to except his decision and respect his wishes his mom is just so insane right now she keeps calling him an idiot and calling my boyfriend stupid and keep on saying that your girlfriend is a psycho maniac bitch if anything I think his mom is a psycho maniac bitch, his mom is a crazy lady, I recently found out that she was trying to convince my boyfriend to get full custody just so all them can move out of country And raise my daughter but thank God my boyfriend said no I'm not that kind of father and I can do that if we don't work out we're going to do 50 50 but thank God he wants to work out I am happy that he stood up his family and said that he wants to work out with me just said that they decided to cut him off it out of his life but like I said my mom and dad told me that eventually his mom and dad will get over it and come around it's just that this is fresh so it's expected for them to say this kind of things right now things will get better later on my parents tell me I hope they're right

Quoting Hello_kitty2010: yeah that's what we're doing right now working on getting an apartment it's just that it's hard because he has bad credit and I don't have no credit my dad kind of put fear in me and basically told me never to get credit cards and how bad it could ruin my life financially but my boyfriend told me that if I don't get credit then it's going to be hard for us to get a place but we're going to keep looking and cross our fingers and pray that someone will give us a chance, but yeah I am happy that she has chose me over his family but I am sad that they decided to cut him off because it's hard on my boyfriend and he is depressed because he has been relying on his family for so long financially and his mom has been crippling him so he is finding it hard doing things on his own but yeah my mom said that this is for the best because he needs to start taking responsibilitymy mom told me not to worry about his family telling my boyfriend that they won't ever accept him back in the family there just saying that now because they're mad of his decision hope to see me over them my mom said things will get better later they're just going to have to accept the fact that you're in his life otherwise there just going to be missing out on a lot of things if they don't like missing out on seeing your daughter missing out on her birthdays and all

Quoting cjsmom1:

Hello_kitty2010
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 12:57 PM
I made another quote to your reply I wasn't sure if you got the notice because I think when I had replied back i made it on my own reply so yeah I just want to let you know

Quoting cjsmom1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN