Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Have you ever accidentally done this?

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:28 AM
  • 39 Replies
1 mom liked this

Have you ever accidentally locked your child in the car?

I haven't, but I've heard of instances where parents accidentally lock their baby/toddler in the car with the keys inside.  And, I recently read a story about a mom who locked her keys in the car and called 911 to say she'd locked the baby in there too, but she hadn't (she is being charged with false reporting/abuse of 911 service).

Have you ever done it?

by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momma3220
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:49 AM
2 moms liked this
Thank God I Havent But Sorry . If my Child was locked in a car calling the police would be the last thing im worried about . I would Break the furthest window from the baby and then head to get my window replaced . I Have a Two Month old babygirl . Things can Get ugly quickly and I would much rather accept the fact I need to get a window replaced instead of something happend to my child because The police were not able to get there on time . Maybe Im overprotective but thats just my Opinion.
rachel216
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:51 AM
Omg thats horrible why ppl say theyve locked thier baby in the car and actually didnt is beyond me! The cops.still come out even if your baby isnt in there shm......,,but yes i have locked my toddler in my car before luckily she was already out of her car seat and i was able to get her to.unlock the door her self.
rachel216
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:54 AM
Quoting Momma3220: Thank God I Havent But Sorry . If my Child was locked in a car calling the police would be the last thing im worried about . I would Break the furthest window from the baby and then head to get my window replaced . I Have a Two Month old babygirl . Things can Get ugly quickly and I would much rather accept the fact I need to get a window replaced instead of something happend to my child because The police were not able to get there on time . Maybe Im overprotective but thats just my Opinion.

I agree i would rather break a window then have something happen to my baby....the police can take way to long and something like you said could change in a second
Momma3220
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:03 PM
Exactly . And This Is My first baby so im extra protective . Im Still kinda paranoid . Like i will check to make sure shes breathing while shes sleeping like i will check on her when shes sleeping . Idk if thats creepy but oh well im new to this ! Lol

Quoting rachel216:
Quoting Momma3220: Thank God I Havent But Sorry . If my Child was locked in a car calling the police would be the last thing im worried about . I would Break the furthest window from the baby and then head to get my window replaced . I Have a Two Month old babygirl . Things can Get ugly quickly and I would much rather accept the fact I need to get a window replaced instead of something happend to my child because The police were not able to get there on time . Maybe Im overprotective but thats just my Opinion.

I agree i would rather break a window then have something happen to my baby....the police can take way to long and something like you said could change in a second
rachel216
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Quoting Momma3220: Exactly . And This Is My first baby so im extra protective . Im Still kinda paranoid . Like i will check to make sure shes breathing while shes sleeping like i will check on her when shes sleeping . Idk if thats creepy but oh well im new to this ! Lol

Quoting rachel216:

Lol its not creepy! Its very normal first time mommy thing :) when i.had my first dd i actually put her crib right against my bed so i could put my hand on her tummy to.make sure she.was still breathing ! And before i.did that i was up every 5mins bc shed make a new sound lol
Momma3220
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:17 PM
Thats An Awesome Idea !! Haha . I Was Talking To This Lady At My Daughters Check Up and she looked at me like I Commited a unforgiveable act hahahah I Was Like Well Okay then!!! Lol

Quoting rachel216:
Quoting Momma3220: Exactly . And This Is My first baby so im extra protective . Im Still kinda paranoid . Like i will check to make sure shes breathing while shes sleeping like i will check on her when shes sleeping . Idk if thats creepy but oh well im new to this ! Lol

Quoting rachel216:

Lol its not creepy! Its very normal first time mommy thing :) when i.had my first dd i actually put her crib right against my bed so i could put my hand on her tummy to.make sure she.was still breathing ! And before i.did that i was up every 5mins bc shed make a new sound lol
rachel216
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:33 PM
Quoting Momma3220: Thats An Awesome Idea !! Haha . I Was Talking To This Lady At My Daughters Check Up and she looked at me like I Commited a unforgiveable act hahahah I Was Like Well Okay then!!! Lol

Quoting rachel216:

Quoting rachel216:

Once i did that i slept so much better or i cheated and put dd in my bed ..i never rolled around in my bed when she was with me(i know they says it dangerous but i was actually very awareof where she was and what i.was doing). I also had dd sleep in her stroller and me sleep on the sofa. I lost alot of blood during my delivery so i was exhausted.....im a firm believer in finding our.own.stlye in parenting. ..i also think alot of docs are quacks and ill give my kids cold meds if they need it and whatever else .
Momma3220
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:39 PM
I Believe That Aswell . Im going thru a divorce and I put her in the bed with me now that hes gone. . I Dont Really Move Much nor does she so it works . But lately i been falling asleep on the couch or chair because she will not settle down til u put her head on the left boob. And rock her and pat her butt lol the weiredst things soothe children lol

Quoting rachel216:
Quoting Momma3220: Thats An Awesome Idea !! Haha . I Was Talking To This Lady At My Daughters Check Up and she looked at me like I Commited a unforgiveable act hahahah I Was Like Well Okay then!!! Lol

Quoting rachel216:

Quoting rachel216:

Once i did that i slept so much better or i cheated and put dd in my bed ..i never rolled around in my bed when she was with me(i know they says it dangerous but i was actually very awareof where she was and what i.was doing). I also had dd sleep in her stroller and me sleep on the sofa. I lost alot of blood during my delivery so i was exhausted.....im a firm believer in finding our.own.stlye in parenting. ..i also think alot of docs are quacks and ill give my kids cold meds if they need it and whatever else .
cmjustice
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Yes. I had a car with automatic door locks that liked to "lock" by itself when the temps got below a certain temp. I was usually good about grabbing them, but left them on the passenger seat when I got out of the car to walk to the other side to get my son out. It was December and yep, car locked itself. Fortunately, I had my cell phone but I freaked out because he was only a year old. It was cold, dark and locksmiths were closed so I called the local fire department. They were helpful and very understanding.
michelles89
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:46 PM
I was taking my sisters kids home with me my ds was 3 I had put my nephew in the van and closed the door only to find that my ds had hit the lock button on the open door I had just put my purse in and he slammed the door. It was like 85 that day is tatted freaking out looking for something to break my widow with and my boss's husband happened to be there so he pulled the sliding door as hard as he could and managed to open it enough for me to reach the button to unlock the van. I was a wreck I was pregnant and crying and scared. Needless to say my ds hasn't dared touch a lock since
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN