Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I almost thought I would be leaving this group...

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 8:30 AM
  • 23 Replies
2 moms liked this

But no, my husband is a selfish excuse for a human being. He spilled morphine pills in my car a month ago. Two were unaccounted for and he never told me. We have a 2.5 year old and a 4 month old. The 2 year old found the pills. Thank GOD he asked what they were and did not put them in his mouth, but I still took him to the ER because I could not risk not taking him.

As soon as my ex showed up at the hospital, I told him that he was out of my house and I didn't think I could let him back anytime soon. He left after we got back from the hospital and went to his mother's. He then tried to ask me for money even though he hasn't worked since October and I have to pick up all the bills for myself and the kids. I never went back to a joint account after our first separation and I was not paying his bills. I did give him some money from our tax return to fix his car and some money since he was watching the baby until my lady could take another infant. Had I known he was essentially using oxy, percs, and morphine pretty much every day, I would have NEVER let him watch the baby.

This time though, I don't feel the fool I did before. This time as soon as I found out things were bad, I booted him. No wasting time, no wondering if I was overreacting, no hesitation. And now I know 110% that I am done and over with him. I sincerely hope he gets clean and stays clean and truly recovers from addiction for his own sake, but I know I can no longer be his wife and I refuse to enable in anyway. If I could remove him from my insurance today, I would. He's in rehab, but I have watched him cycle through the phases of addiction with alcohol. Now that he's on the opiate train, I'm not sure there is hope for him, but I will not put my life on hold or risk my children's safety for him.

by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kfrog13
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 8:38 AM

I think the only reason he didn't seem as bad this time is because he was also taking Adderall. Oh and I didn't know he had even taken all three of those narcotics until after he was gone a few days and I was packing up his stuff.

nana776
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 8:40 AM

I hope things go well for you. I know it won't always be easy, but it will be easier than dragging dead weight with you. I am so glad your LO is ok. That is scary. Best of Luck.

kfrog13
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Scariest thing of my life so far. I'm still in a bit of shock and still processing all of this. My first actions after kicking him out were to contact my parents to see if they could come up and watch the baby until I could find daycare and ask my current lady if there was anyone at all that she could recommend. It turned out well in that her friend that she does daycare outings and trips with was able to take my baby immediately and my lady can take my son as early as June since her infant that is turning 2 in the fall will be out for the summer because both parents are teachers!! She also took the baby on Friday since this same infant was out of town for the day. So I only had to miss one day of work!!!

But yeah, I have a feeling once things calm down and I can breathe a little, I'm going to be a sobbing mess.

Quoting nana776:

I hope things go well for you. I know it won't always be easy, but it will be easier than dragging dead weight with you. I am so glad your LO is ok. That is scary. Best of Luck.

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:14 AM
2 moms liked this
Hugs
RonaH
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:15 AM
2 moms liked this

Wow that must be really hard. You have to do what you have to to move on from it. A person cant be helped unless they want it.

Nutball3
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:19 AM
2 moms liked this
Being a single parent is hard enough. Adding addiction in the absent parent is all bad. Clearly you are a strong, capable mother. I can say I understand your situation. My ex is addicted to alcohol and narcotics. It sucks.
kfrog13
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:28 AM

It's even harder because he doesn't want to be absent and goes on and on about them being his kids, too. At least now I have some ammunition and am planning on telling him that he agrees to supervised visitation only or I will hire a lawyer. I learned from before that I would rather keep the legal system out of my life as much as possible, but I will use it if I have to.

Quoting Nutball3: Being a single parent is hard enough. Adding addiction in the absent parent is all bad. Clearly you are a strong, capable mother. I can say I understand your situation. My ex is addicted to alcohol and narcotics. It sucks.

Nutball3
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Just be careful with that. We went through court and my ex has supervised visitation at his parents. He wasn't at a lot of the times and it's transformed into grandparents visitation because of the precedent. Now I'm fighting that in appeals court.

Quoting kfrog13:

It's even harder because he doesn't want to be absent and goes on and on about them being his kids, too. At least now I have some ammunition and am planning on telling him that he agrees to supervised visitation only or I will hire a lawyer. I learned from before that I would rather keep the legal system out of my life as much as possible, but I will use it if I have to.

Quoting Nutball3: Being a single parent is hard enough. Adding addiction in the absent parent is all bad. Clearly you are a strong, capable mother. I can say I understand your situation. My ex is addicted to alcohol and narcotics. It sucks.

KimmyPoo
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 1:42 PM
Hugs
KRIZZ25
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
say goodbye for good.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN