Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How Do People Stay Up So Late?

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 11:11 AM
  • 30 Replies

I am not a night owl, never have been, never will be. However the last week and a half I have been staying up a lot later than usual, between bf coming over in the evenings, our team making it to the college finals and just life, I am really starting to drag. I'm to the point where I am taking off early today to go home and take an afternoong nap! Bf is coming over tonight to watch the finals and they don't start until 9:10, so it will be another late night for me. Mind you, "late" for me means anything past 10 and I am up at 6 am.

by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
idomatter
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 11:23 AM
3 moms liked this

Youth. That's the only reason I can think of. We used to do it! Until about 35......

Fresh college grads in my entry level law firm I work for can pull it off but the fuckers don't have kids to get ready in the morning.....fuckers.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 7, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Some people do not need alot of sleep.

If I go to sleep at 10, I am awake at 3am, than tired the rest of the day.

Going to sleep at midnight or later and waking at 5am works for me.

Callaly
by Jessica on Apr. 7, 2014 at 11:33 AM

I think its based on different peoples needs, I used to be a night owl before DD.

During the week, if I go to bed passed 11pm I highly doubt that I will be up on time.

SwitchbladeMama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

When I was young I used to be able to go 24 hours without sleep.

I function the best if I'm in bed around 8-9, asleep by 10ish, and then wake up around 7am. I just do so much better when I wake up rested and early so I have the entire day to be productive.

Sometimes on weekends if I'm out with friends drinking or something I won't get home until around 3-4am but I've been doing a lot less of that lately.

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 12:07 PM

I usually stay up till about 10:30 or 11.  Im used to it.  

superdivamom727
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 1:37 PM
Im a night owl... im in bed at 10:30 or 11pm but im don't get sleepy until about 4 or 5am... lol its its like my body shuts down a 10 but my mind just keeps going and going lol I can't shut it down... so I play candy crush and web surf all night tilltill I get sleepy.
KimmyPoo
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 1:43 PM
I go around 9 or. 10. I have. Too. I need my beauty. Sleep
teapartydiva524
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter doesn't go to bed until 9 and I get so much done when she's in bed. I don' t usually sit down for the night until 10:30-11:00 and then I'm up for a couple hours watching TV.  I get up around 7:45.  I only need 5-6 hours of sleep a night.

143myboys9496
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a night owl, but I also tend not to sleep more than 4 or 5 hours. I've never needed alot of sleep.

I work 3rd shift (7p-7a), so maybe that has something to do with it. 

sid1083
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 3:58 PM

I think late is relative . . . for me, going to bed prior to 10:30 is "early"; I tend to wake up at 7a regardless of what time I go to bed. A typical night for me is 12:30-1a.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)